Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 03:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Poll
Question: Breakout Year in 2009
10-25 catches, <1 TD - 2 (8.7%)
26-40 catches 2-4 TD's - 19 (82.6%)
41-60 catches 5-7 TD's - 2 (8.7%)
>60 catches >7 TD's - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Limas Sweed  (Read 1506 times)
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #10 on: Feb 20, 2009 at 03:18 »

isn't it amazing the difference between the pros and college?   sweed was a stud at texas (sans wrist) and he's NOT GOOD in the steelers' scheme at the moment....all emotional because i've just discovered Friday Night Lights as a TV show, damn i wish the setting was Pitt instead of Texas....anyway, nate is much more suited to our 3rd because he's had the experience.  People might argure Sweed hasn't had the chance but that same thought was with Moore, right?   what did he do with his chance?  we're talking earlier of replacing FWP with him.. are we talking sweed over Ward?  didn't think so...

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #11 on: Feb 20, 2009 at 08:51 »

...all emotional because i've just discovered Friday Night Lights as a TV show, damn i wish the setting was Pitt instead of Texas....anyway, ...

Isn't that just another WB type show, e.g. Gilmore Girls, with a football them?  Thought the movie was decent.  But critics seem to love the show and I don't see what separates it.  Granted, have only seen a couple of episodes.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #12 on: Feb 20, 2009 at 12:47 »

that's what I thought as well but after watching it, it's really good.  Plus, i guess a lot of it is improvised around a framework script but obviously not as funny as Curb Your Enthusiasm but i like it....go steelers!  ha

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #13 on: Feb 20, 2009 at 13:24 »

that's what I thought as well but after watching it, it's really good.  Plus, i guess a lot of it is improvised around a framework script but obviously not as funny as Curb Your Enthusiasm but i like it....go steelers!  ha

Improvised, that's interesting.  Maybe it's worth another shot, as if I really need to seek out more TV to watch.  I'm about 10 episodes behind on Dr. Who.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Feb 21, 2009 at 13:28 »

I'm in the middle with everyone else. Guys like him take time to develop, and I don't think he'll see enough of the field to get more than two or three catches per game. Hope I'm wrong. I do, however, belive that he will eventually be the leading receiver on the team. He needs to learn to concentrate while he's running, how to get off the line, and he needs about 10lbs. of muscle, and I see him as a Keyshawn Johnson type. Just not next year.

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
RoundTripperKipper
N00b

« Reply #15 on: Feb 21, 2009 at 14:03 »

Sweed is very similar to Plex. They did nothing in thier rookie years except make stupid mistakes. It takes most WRs a few years to develop. I expect to see a big jump for him next year. He seems to be wide open a lot. Now all he has to do is hang onto the ball and quit faking injuries when he f's up.

I am going to say 30-40 catches and 4 tds. This also depends on if the Steeler keep Washington.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: