Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 29, 2014 at 09:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Champions League Knockout Stage's begin today with a bang  (Read 2700 times)
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« on: Feb 24, 2009 at 10:31 »

Champions League is back, and now into the knockout rounds. Today, heavyweights Internazionale, and Manchester United square off at the San Siro. It should be an intense match as the Serie A leaders battle the EPL front runners and defending European champions. The match will be on ESPN 2 at 2:30pm EST. Also today, another Italian-English battle, Arsenal v Roma will be waged at the Emirates. The Gunners are desperate to make something of CL this year, as they face finishing out of the top 4 in the EPL, and would not qualify for CL football next season. They are still in the FA Cup however. ESPN Classic will show either Arsenal v Roma, or French champs Lyon v Spanish leaders Barcelona, at 5pm EST.

Tomorrow, the big matches continue, with Juventus travelling to Stamford Bridge to take on Chelsea. This will be the 2:30pm ESPN 2 match. Also tomorrow, Liverpool go to Spain to tackle Real Madrid, which should be the ESPN Classic late game at 5pm.

Don't miss out on some of the best soccer being played in the world. Inter v ManU is must see football.

GO BLUES!
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2009 at 10:56 »

and would not qualify for CL football next season.

Fifth place gets a chance to play-in, I thought.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2009 at 11:01 »

No, you are incorrect my good Sir. 1st and 2nd automatically get into the Group Stage. 3rd and 4th go into the August qualifing rounds. 5th place receives a spot in the UEFA Cup ( Villa was 5th last year)....... Sorry about losing Cesc for so much time. He is truly world class.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2009 at 11:13 »

No, you are incorrect my good Sir. 1st and 2nd automatically get into the Group Stage. 3rd and 4th go into the August qualifing rounds. 5th place receives a spot in the UEFA Cup ( Villa was 5th last year)....... Sorry about losing Cesc for so much time. He is truly world class.

Ok, that makes sense.  ESPN is not showing Arsenal until 9 on espn deportees.  Fuckers.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2009 at 11:19 »

Ok, that makes sense.  ESPN is not showing Arsenal until 9 on espn deportees.  Fuckers.

Well at least you can brush up on your Spanish..... If you have DirecTV, you should think about getting Setanta. They have the Gunner's match live, and show what ESPN isn't showing live. They just added an alternate channel, so they can broadcast more EPL games. Between Setanta and FSC, you get all EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup, and CL games. And FSC shows the big Serie A matches.

Setanta Sports is 15 bones a month.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Mar 09, 2009 at 23:10 »

The Liverpool v Real Madrid match will be on ESPN at 3:30pm EDT today.  ESPN Classic will show Juventus v Chelsea at 6pm EDT.

The much anticpated ManU v Internazionale tie will be on ESPN Classic, Wednesday at 3:30pm EDT. It will be followed by Barcelona v Lyon.

Sorry Penso, Roma v Arsenal will be on Setanta.  Maybe Deportes will carry it, though.

GO BLUES! The Drog is back.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Mar 20, 2009 at 09:54 »

The quarterfinal and semifinal draws were held today.

In the first bracket are Villareal v Arsenal, and ManU v Porto, with the winners of each tie meeting in the semi's.

In the other bracket is Liverpool v Chelsea (again), and Barca v Bayern, with either the La Liga leaers or the German giants facing English opposition in the semi's.

The quarterfinal 1st leg starts April 7/8.

GO BLUES!!
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Apr 07, 2009 at 10:31 »

The quarters start today on...Setanta??

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Apr 07, 2009 at 21:53 »

The quarters start today on...Setanta??

Sorry, I'm been super busy lately, and forgot to list the games. Today was ManU v Porto(was on The Duece), and Villareal v Arsenal(Setanta). In a very un-european match Porto struck 2 away goals and drew with the Red Devils at Old Trafford 2-2. Advantage Porto, going home with 2 away strikes, and even on aggregate. Arsenal also has the upper hand after drawing 1-1 in Spain.

Tomorrow, Wednesday the 8th, Liverpool v Chelsea is on ESPN 2 at 2:30 EDT, with Barca v Bayern on Setanta at the same time. This is the 5th year in a row featuring a Liverpool - Chelsea matchup. Both Gerrard and Drogba are fit and are expected to play.

Go get us an away goal Didier!!! CHELSEA!CHELSEA!CHELSEA!

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Apr 08, 2009 at 09:23 »

Damnit.  Meant to record the ManU/Porto match, but I ended up with some match from '06.  Deleted in disgust before I even saw the participants.  Checked everywhere for a replay, but couldn't find one.

So pissed.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: