Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 21, 2014 at 07:03 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Article about James Harrison  (Read 1231 times)
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #10 on: Feb 24, 2009 at 15:09 »

Joe, what does "sic" mean in your edifications above?  I always thought it meant [spelling incorrect], but in the context of your post, now I'm beginning to wonder.

It's Latin.  It basically means, "this is how the idiot used this word or phrase... just pointing it out."  More accurately, it just means "as such" or "in such a manner."

Finny's right, "sic" in this context means "thus".

That period should be before the second quotation mark an following "thus."  Tongue

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Feb 24, 2009 at 15:17 »

Joe, what does "sic" mean in your edifications above?  I always thought it meant [spelling incorrect], but in the context of your post, now I'm beginning to wonder.

It's Latin.  It basically means, "this is how the idiot used this word or phrase... just pointing it out."  More accurately, it just means "as such" or "in such a manner."

That period should be before the second quotation mark an following "thus."  Tongue

That depends on whether you use the american or the queen's punctuation.   flipoff

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Feb 24, 2009 at 15:32 »

That depends on whether you use the american or the queen's punctuation.   flipoff

Pens has apparently taken up the latter.

Oh, Honey, there ain't never no period!

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
dare2beme

« Reply #13 on: Feb 24, 2009 at 15:42 »

I don't like the american rule regarding periods and commas, while question marks and exclamation points follow a more british convention.

To me, if the material being quoted is in effect its own sentence requiring punctuation, then I'll include it inside the quote; otherwise, I won't.

God save the "Queen"!  headbang
« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2009 at 15:50 by dare2beme » Logged

If you ain't a Steeler fan, you're just a Jag-off...especially here in Jacksonburgh, FL!
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Feb 24, 2009 at 15:55 »

YOUSE PEOPLE IS A BUNCH, A EGGHEADS...  I CANNED BELIEF THIS IS WHAT THE HOT TROPIC ON THIS BORED IS TODAY, UMMM >>>>>>>>>>HALLO<<<<<<<<<< THEIRS' SOMETHING WE LIKE TO CALL "FOOTBALL'," MAYBE YOU HALF HEARD OF, IT?

sHEEEEEEEEEESH...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Feb 24, 2009 at 20:19 »

This damn board is becoming almost too intellectual for me.... blink

I'm still the one with the boobs.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Feb 24, 2009 at 20:19 »

10 Things James Harrison Don't Want to Hear You Blabberin' About

1. How short James be.
2. How you bet he has a heart of gold under that gruff exterior.
3. How much you loved James body-slamming that fool Browns fan.  James has heard this enough, thank you.
4. How cool James's interception return for a touchdown was, like, the coolest thing.  James knows this.  Everyone knows this.  Quit wastin' James's time with the obvious.
5. How James would be totally rockin' as the Sgt. Bosco B.A. ("Bad Attitude") Baracus character in a re-make of "The A-Team."  
6. How you have this one little move you think James could use next year to get more sacks.  You don't.  If that move exists, James has tried it.
7. How sick you are that the refs don't call holding.  James don't hardly sleep at night, thinking about this injustice.  Last thing he needs is your fool head goin' on about it, too.
8. How you bet you can make James crack a smile.  Nope.  You die of old age first.
9. How ironic you find it that two of your favorite linebackers, Jack Lambert and James, both went to Kent State.  You know what else James finds ironic?  We all come out a momma.  We all shit in a pot.  Fools keep botherin' James, day and night.
10. Punctuation.

This is classic.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #17 on: Feb 26, 2009 at 10:36 »

10 Things James Harrison Don't Want to Hear You Blabberin' About

1. How short James be.
2. How you bet he has a heart of gold under that gruff exterior.
3. How much you loved James body-slamming that fool Browns fan.  James has heard this enough, thank you.
4. How cool James's interception return for a touchdown was, like, the coolest thing.  James knows this.  Everyone knows this.  Quit wastin' James's time with the obvious.
5. How James would be totally rockin' as the Sgt. Bosco B.A. ("Bad Attitude") Baracus character in a re-make of "The A-Team."  
6. How you have this one little move you think James could use next year to get more sacks.  You don't.  If that move exists, James has tried it.
7. How sick you are that the refs don't call holding.  James don't hardly sleep at night, thinking about this injustice.  Last thing he needs is your fool head goin' on about it, too.
8. How you bet you can make James crack a smile.  Nope.  You die of old age first.
9. How ironic you find it that two of your favorite linebackers, Jack Lambert and James, both went to Kent State.  You know what else James finds ironic?  We all come out a momma.  We all shit in a pot.  Fools keep botherin' James, day and night.
10. Punctuation.

This is classic.

Awesome, just awesome.  I feel like this should be on the back of T-shirt.  Believe Merch - Yinz listenin'?

PUMA
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Feb 26, 2009 at 19:23 »

One of the four letter channels "reported" yesterday, mighta been the day before, that the Steelers and Harrison "aren't close" to a new deal.

Ah, interesting.

:huh:

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: