Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 30, 2014 at 19:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow- Simmons Released!  (Read 2236 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 11:16 »

Did you see that this actually increases the cap hit in 2009 by 70K, due to the acceleration of the signing bonus???

It's a little more of a head-scratcher to me now.  I'll have to assume the experts know what they are doing.

Well, cap-wise, it clears some future space.  With the increase in the '09 cap, we net out ahead, too.  But mostly, this is about not ahving dead wood on the roster.  I think FO has decided it needs a thorough housecleaning. 

Also, I believe that if they needed more immediate room, they could prorate the accelerated bonus hit over this year and next.

I think.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 11:29 »

Did you see that this actually increases the cap hit in 2009 by 70K, due to the acceleration of the signing bonus???

It's a little more of a head-scratcher to me now.  I'll have to assume the experts know what they are doing.

Well, cap-wise, it clears some future space.  With the increase in the '09 cap, we net out ahead, too.  But mostly, this is about not ahving dead wood on the roster.  I think FO has decided it needs a thorough housecleaning. 

Also, I believe that if they needed more immediate room, they could prorate the accelerated bonus hit over this year and next.

I think.

IIRC, that's only if he were cut post-June 1.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 11:35 »

Then I'm back to why not wait till June 1 for the cut?  2010 is uncapped anyways.  Maybe incentives or a roster bonus in there somewhere?

I'm happy for the move, but financially it seems not to make sense to do it right now.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #23 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 11:36 »

Then I'm back to why not wait till June 1 for the cut?  2010 is uncapped anyways.  Maybe incentives or a roster bonus in there somewhere?

I'm happy for the move, but financially it seems not to make sense to do it right now.

Maybe they wanted him to have an opportunity to sign elsewhere.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 12:00 »

EUREKA!!!

My prayers have been answered...Preach, was this your doing? =)

Well, I can't take ALL the credit for this.  However, I will say that I said "Oh my God!!!" and "Simmons" in the same sentence quite a bit over the last four years.

Clearly, the team simply decided the guy couldn't cut it to do what we needed him to do.  Maybe they should have waited until June 1, but I think it's better just to get it over with and move forward.  This way we know exactly what we're trying to do and there is no debate about whether or not we should keep him or cut him.

I'm just glad to see we're doing SOMETHING and apparently taking this situation with the oline seriously.  No Saturday, obviously, but maybe we have something else cookin'.

Maybe they wanted him to have an opportunity to sign elsewhere.

Or perhaps they are going to wait it out and see if they can't resing him for depth at the league minimum.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 12:32 »

Simmons is paying a visit to Buffalo.

http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs/blogngold/default.aspx
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 13:20 »

I think.

Shit.  That's right.  Don't know what I was thinkin'.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 13:28 »

I think.

Shit.  That's right.  Don't know what I was thinkin'.

Is it quittin' time yet?Huh?

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #28 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 13:41 »

Well, I can't take ALL the credit for this.  However, I will say that I said "Oh my God!!!" and "Simmons" in the same sentence quite a bit over the last four years.

89%.

Preacher-"Switch hittin"-man.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #29 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 14:01 »

89%.

Preacher-"Switch hittin"-man.

Actually, more like 445%. 

Preach is talking about Richard Simmons...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: