Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 25, 2014 at 14:11 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kemo offered by NYJ  (Read 2839 times)
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #10 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 10:27 »

I get that, vin.  But he needed to make the most of his year starting, and didn't IMO.  He lived up to the bad rap on him, i.e., low wattage.  There were times he destroyed guys, as someone his size and strength might be expected to do.  Other times, he looked just average, getting pushed around.  It's like he's still struggling with fundamentals of leverage sometimes.

I agree with you on his inconsistency. Oh well, what's done is done.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 10:30 »

Anyone else think it is INSANE that Haynesworth got SINGED for 100 million?? The Redskins just don't learn...every year they shell out a tonne of dough on FA's, and every year they miss the playoffs.

Nope, it's just you.  I believe I speak for the rest of us here at MGS when I say that the Redskins are the paragon of fiscal responsibility.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 11:28 »

I thought Kemo got worse as the year went along.  Maybe the effects of playing in the most games since his last year as a Ute.

My basis for Kemo doesn't rest that he could crack the lineup early.  Faneca was great and Simmons was better than Kemo. 

That Kemo didn't play well this year says much more to me about where he'll go.  Had great size but looked lost often.

My assumption is that Essex could be roughly as good as Kemoeatu was last year.  Add in a solid IOL class that reaches through the beginning/mid 4th round, and it makes sense not to offer Kemo much.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 11:47 »

Its just about official....  KFFL

Jets | Kemoeatu update
Fri, 27 Feb 2009 09:29:51 -0800

Updating a previous item, Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Jets will sign OG Chris Kemoeatu (Steelers), barring another team jumping in at the 11th hour. Per league sources, the Pittsburgh Steelers will not pursue the re-signing of Kemoeatu.

That leaves our starting guards as Legursky and Stapleton.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 11:56 »

4 mil a year is too much for Kemo. I guess he will play RG, as Faneca will still be the LG.

Meh, don't mind seeing him go. He got pushed around a lot for a "road grader". Wasn't the best pass blocker either. As it is now, he is he only OL starter from the Super Bowl to go. Everyone else is the same, with Starks franchised, and Colon tendered.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 12:04 »

The guy often looked absolutely lost.  I wouldn't have minded trying him at D, but you can't pay 4 million for an experiment.

Wouldn't have minded if we could have retained him cheap, but no way he warranted the kind of deal the Jets are offering.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 13:29 »

Not so fast boys:

Steelers going for continuity

February 27, 2009 2:16 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's James Walker

The Pittsburgh Steelers made their first move of the day by re-signing offensive guard Chris Kemoeatu. ESPN's John Clayton reports the deal is for five years and $20 million.

Pittsburgh now has two returning starters from last year signed in Kemoeatu and tackle Max Starks, who was given the franchise tag. Tackle Willie Colon also was given a first-round tender on Thursday, so he will likely be the third returning free agent from the offensive line of the defending Super Bowl champions.

After convincing Kemoeatu to return, this likely means the Steelers won't do anything drastic in free agency when it comes to upgrading their offensive line. Expect Pittsburgh to attempt to add better competition with this much-maligned unit through the draft.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #17 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 13:30 »

The guy often looked absolutely lost.  I wouldn't have minded trying him at D, but you can't pay 4 million for an experiment.

Wouldn't have minded if we could have retained him cheap, but no way he warranted the kind of deal the Jets are offering.

The Steelers must have a better opinion of him than most in this forum.

Steelers reach agreement with Kemoeatu
Friday, February 27, 2009
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers just came to a contract agreement with guard Chris Kemoeatu that will pay him $20 million over the next five years.

There were reports that Kemoeatu was about to sign with the New York Jets for the same amount, but he decided to stay with the Steelers instead.

More details in tomorrow's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
First published on February 27, 2009 at 2:17 pm

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 13:32 »

I guess I needed to sacrifice another chicken or two... tickedoff

I'm still the one with the boobs.
jcharding
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #19 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 13:40 »

Yuck.  This reminds of the Simmons signing.  I didn't like it at the time, and now he is a cap casualty with a lot of dead money.  Hopefully there is a minimal signing bonus for Kemo.

I don't need no stinking avatar!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: