Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 21, 2014 at 06:13 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kemo offered by NYJ  (Read 2911 times)
RoundTripperKipper
N00b

« Reply #30 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 15:20 »

I am sure Ben is at home, sitting in the corner, rocking back and forth muttering to himself.
dare2beme

« Reply #31 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 15:24 »

At $4M, we're only on the hook for $750K per year
OK, I'm rationalizing wildly here.

WHAR DYA GIT UR DIGREE, THE G.W.B. SHCOOL OF MAFEMATTICS?  4M DEVIDED BY 5 IS >>>>80000K<<<<<  750K, PURTY WILD ENDEED!!!!11!

If you ain't a Steeler fan, you're just a Jag-off...especially here in Jacksonburgh, FL!
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #32 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 15:26 »

At $4M, we're only on the hook for $750K per year
OK, I'm rationalizing wildly here.

WHAR DYA GIT UR DIGREE, THE G.W.B. SHCOOL OF MAFEMATTICS?  4M DEVIDED BY 5 IS >>>>80000K<<<<<  750K, PURTY WILD ENDEED!!!!11!

Uh, yeah.

It's been a long week.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #33 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 15:33 »

Saw this guesstimate on another board.  Seems pretty sound... of course I did get my degree from THE G.W.B. SHCOOL OF MAFEMATTICS:

2009: $4 million SB, $2 million BS, $2.8 million cap
2010: $2.6 million BS, $3.4 million cap
2011: $3.2 million BS, $4 million cap
2012: $3.8 million BS, $4.6 million cap
2013: $4.4 million BS, $5.2 million cap

Backup money?  Where's the cutting point, 2011?  2012?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #34 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 15:43 »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PADMAI!!!!!

Seriously though, I've stopped trying to figure WTF the FO is thinking. We got 2 SB's in the last 4 years, so they must be doing something right.....Right?
jclaywell18
Been pimpin, since been pimpin, since been pimpin
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #35 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 16:15 »

I think that I've figured it out. The FO has been watching game film meticilously since Big Ben's arrival and found that when Ben actually can stand in the pocket, go through his progressions and has time to throw... he is terrible. (Which is about 0.3% of all snaps). So they figure hey, lets sign all these cardboard cutouts of linemen who can't block, let Ben run around and improvise and we can win another Super Bowl!  clap

OR,

Worst and most probably case scenario is that Ben has 3 concussions next year, has to retire early and then we have Dixon to come in as a starter. And he's even more mobile than Ben so the line works even better for him!!   Genius!! Pure Genius!! :huh: :huh: :huh:

I'm just gonna walk this off....

Gold jacket, green jacket..who gives a shit
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #36 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 17:39 »

I am sure Ben is at home, sitting in the corner, rocking back and forth muttering to himself.

Or staring out the window mumbling to himself, "My name is Bob!"

Don't get it, at all.  Seriously, I just do not get this one.

Maybe the guy has more than we think.  Maybe we weren't seeing what we thought we saw.  Maybe most of his screw-ups can be pointed towards someone else.

But still, I JUST DON'T GET IT.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #37 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 19:38 »

We got 2 SB's in the last 4 years, so they must be doing something right.....Right?

Yeah, it's called a franchise QB.  When you've got one, you've always got a shot.

Still, he can only work so much magic.  I mean, even this past year, a coupla those 4th quarter come from behind drives fall short and they're a low seed or maybe they miss the playoffs entirely.  Who knows how things play out if they finish 11-5 or 10-6 and end up a WC team.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #38 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 20:37 »

We got 2 SB's in the last 4 years, so they must be doing something right.....Right?

Yeah, it's called a franchise QB.  When you've got one, you've always got a shot.

Still, he can only work so much magic.  I mean, even this past year, a coupla those 4th quarter come from behind drives fall short and they're a low seed or maybe they miss the playoffs entirely.  Who knows how things play out if they finish 11-5 or 10-6 and end up a WC team.

Yep. This team is playing with fire, and Ben's health at this point. They could have gambled this offseason IMO regarding the O-line, and wouldn't be worse off for it. Instead they are bringing back the same old retreads, and paying above market value to do so. Yuck.
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #39 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 20:46 »

Assuming Nate and BM are gone I think you will see a WR CB OL and DL with the first 4 picks in the draft.  I think they go BPA in these areas.

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: