Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 19, 2014 at 14:24 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: High cap numbers for '09  (Read 397 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Feb 27, 2009 at 11:47 »

They may not be addressed now, but it wouldn't surprise me to see some moves from these lists in the coming months.  Maybe after the dust from the draft settles a bit and they have a better idea of which areas need more/less attention.

Too high, need to be redone
Hampton @ 6.6.
Keisel @ 5.
Ward @ 7.8.
Foote @ 3.9.

Borderline
Taylor @ 6.1.
Parker @ 4.5.

Man, that 8.4 million for Starks just jumps off the motherfucking page like a monster cold sore the night of the Senior prom.

Yuck.

IMO, the second highest cap hit should not reside with a guy that "did a decent job down the stretch" or "he gave up less sacks as the season progressed" and rode the pine for a big chunk of the season.  He is not a LT and but for Superman "behind the helmet," his production would appear much, much worse.  This is kinda tough for me to say because I wanted them to draft Starks, but the guy is a 6'8" money pit.

I still think that money woulda been better spent on BM with the remainder offset by Harrison's new deal.  Then, sing somebody, even a grizzled vet, on the cheap as a stopgap for a year or two at OT.
« Last Edit: Feb 27, 2009 at 11:55 by aj_law » Logged

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 11:53 »

hmmm.... A couple places I read had the Hines cap hit around 11M.  I'll have to look around again.

Either way, trim it by giving Hines a couple year extention and spread out the bonus.

The others I guess I have no problem with, as except for Taylor, they will be UFAs at the end of 2009.  IMO, the likely one to still be here in 2010 is Keisel.

I'm thinking that FWP someone will over pay for, and he's starting to get the injury bug. Both Mendenhall and GR are 22.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: