Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 24, 2014 at 18:51 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tenders - Colon, Madison, McHugh  (Read 881 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 11:57 »

McHuge got a 1 million tender?  I don't really get that at all.  There aren't other better reasonably similar priced options out there?

Same here. I mean, for crying out loud, didn't the LIONS cut him?!?  If he isn't good enough to merit a roster spot for the Lions, why the hell would anyone else want him to sign him for any serious money?

We should've given him a lower tender...

Sorry, LFT.  Not following the logic here.  Are the Lions known for their savvy personnel moves? 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 12:20 »

Colon getting a R1 tender?  Well, that all but guarantees he'll be on the roster next year.  Kinda indifferent to that move.  If they woulda tendered him at the R2 amount and someone signed him away netting the Steelers an additional R2 pick, I wouldn't have minded that either.

McHuge got a 1 million tender?  I don't really get that at all.  There aren't other better reasonably similar priced options out there?

Disagree on the first, agree on the second.

On Colon, if Kemo's drawing enough interest to get 4 million, then they must have had a clue that Colon could get a pretty high offer as well.  He can play guard or tackle--not well, but he can play it--and I think he has more overall potential than Kemo.  I think the guy could produce if they will actually move him to his natural position, and we really can't afford to lose EVERYONE on the line.

As for McHugh, I like him okay, he's got a nice story, but he's pretty irrelevant to what we were doing this year.  No need to give him any kind of offer.

Are the Lions known for their savvy personnel moves?

It seems that being singed or cut by the Lions is fairly irrelevant to what kind of player you actually are.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Feb 27, 2009 at 13:34 »

Colon getting a R1 tender?  Well, that all but guarantees he'll be on the roster next year.  Kinda indifferent to that move.  If they woulda tendered him at the R2 amount and someone signed him away netting the Steelers an additional R2 pick, I wouldn't have minded that either.

Disagree on the first, agree on the second.

On Colon, if Kemo's drawing enough interest to get 4 million, then they must have had a clue that Colon could get a pretty high offer as well.  He can play guard or tackle--not well, but he can play it--and I think he has more overall potential than Kemo.  I think the guy could produce if they will actually move him to his natural position, and we really can't afford to lose EVERYONE on the line.

Why not Preach? 

We've all said for quite some time that the front five blows and Tomlin has hinted on more than one occasion that there would be changes, so...what woulda been the problem with losing Colon for a 2nd rounder?

If you figure a median pick of 2.48, I'm pretty confident they could get a top notch IOL with that pick.  An OG that's plug and play or an OC that could push Hartwig to OG.  Take an OT in R1 and there you go, insta-upgrades to Colon/Kemo.  Obviously, there'd be risk that those picks might not pan out, but considering what they've had to endure the last few, the reward far outweighs that risk, IMO.  Bring in a versatile, reasonably priced vet as a backup plan.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: