Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 20, 2014 at 02:49 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Matty Cassell traded to Chiefs  (Read 1235 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Feb 28, 2009 at 12:06 »

AKA, the Patriots West.

R2 pick (i.e, the one after ours, 2.33), plus a 2010 conditional, depending on whether he sucks or succeeds.

Schefter says Aaron Rodgers just got some new deal (6/$65?), and Matty has the same agent, so he's guessing 6/$70 for Matt.

Lot of young talent on that Chiefs team.  Despite some truly abysmal play last year, they did have some games they kept close, and even pulled some upsets.  Could be a team that verges on competence sooner than later.  But Cassell is overrated, IMO.  Without that Pats offense to rely on (um, Moss), his numbers will be much more pedestrian.  Schefter says Cassell >> Rodgers; I say it's their respective casts.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2009 at 12:09 »

Oh man, I was afraid the Pasties got the two first rounders for a minute.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2009 at 12:38 »

Hell, the Patsies still come out great on the deal.  Get a second rounder for whatever Cassell cost them - not much. Plus, they got maximum bang for the buck from the player.  They'll likely be able to take the BAA and sign him to a reasonable contract (not an inflated first rounder type), thus raising their overall talent base. 

I hate those bastards.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2009 at 12:57 »

Hell, the Patsies still come out great on the deal.  Get a second rounder for whatever Cassell cost them - not much. Plus, they got maximum bang for the buck from the player.  They'll likely be able to take the BAA and sign him to a reasonable contract (not an inflated first rounder type), thus raising their overall talent base. 

I hate those bastards.

They now have a late R1 plus THREE R2 picks.

Dix.

Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #4 on: Feb 28, 2009 at 13:19 »

I think Cassell is overrated but I also think it's worth a shot to trade a 2nd rounder for a guy who you think could be a starter. And the conditional pick is probably in the 3rdish range. If it works out they look like geniuses I guess, although if it doesn't that's a buttload to pay a backup.

Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Feb 28, 2009 at 14:21 »

I think Cassell is overrated but I also think it's worth a shot

I think he's probably >> anyone else on their roster, and as good/better than anyone else in the draft.

It just disturbs me to no end that their FO is so much better than ours.  Can you imagine what we could have done if we had made some smarter moves over the last few years?  Eh, maybe I'm too critical.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Feb 28, 2009 at 15:24 »

I hate those bastards.

Looks like a great deal for them...

Until Golden Boy doesn't come back at full strength and takes a Carson Palmer-like extra year to get back to full strength.  I think Cassell is Scott Mitchell 2.0, but it could end up backfiring in their faces if Brady can't return to 100% right away.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #7 on: Feb 28, 2009 at 16:19 »

I don't even think Cassell is the best QB on the Chiefs roster. Anyone notice Tyler Thigpens numbers the second half of the season. Without a running game to speak of, the kid lit it up. I'm sorta shocked they weren't content with him behind center. QB was no where near there biggest problem. How about a lack of a defense and a superstar RB who doesn't want to play for you?

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Feb 28, 2009 at 20:56 »

It just disturbs me to no end that their FO is so much better than ours.  Can you imagine what we could have done if we had made some smarter moves over the last few years?  Eh, maybe I'm too critical.

Perhaps in the last few years we might have won 2 super bowls instead of none.

Oh wait.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Feb 28, 2009 at 21:16 »

Perhaps in the last few years we might have won 2 super bowls instead of none.

Oh wait.

PISSNO, QUITE BEIN SUCK A HOMERO.\\\

IF'N WE COULDA HAT THE PARTIOTS FONT OFFICE DOIN DEALZ FOR US WE COULD HALF ONE >>>>>THREE SUPPER BLOWS<<<<<<< IN TWO YEARSA, UYHHHH, HALLL>>>>>O<<<<<<, DOES THAT MAKE SINCE?!?!?!!

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: