Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 17, 2014 at 04:51 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Matty Cassell traded to Chiefs  (Read 1097 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Mar 01, 2009 at 09:23 »

I don't even think Cassell is the best QB on the Chiefs roster. Anyone notice Tyler Thigpens numbers the second half of the season. Without a running game to speak of, the kid lit it up. I'm sorta shocked they weren't content with him behind center. QB was no where near there biggest problem. How about a lack of a defense and a superstar RB who doesn't want to play for you?

Totally saw this one comin'.  And, I think it's a great move for KC.  What, you get a good NFL QB with gametime experience for a measely second rounder?  Everyone here is focusing on how NE made out, but I think KC is the side that comes out ahead.  New leader on offense and you get to keep your R1, # 3 overall?  Plus, they add a pretty decent defensive vet in Vrabel and they'll likely take stud Curry with their R1 pick.  If Gonzo stays, they'll be the '09 version of the '08 Fins.  Watch.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Mar 01, 2009 at 12:10 »

I don't even think Cassell is the best QB on the Chiefs roster. Anyone notice Tyler Thigpens numbers the second half of the season. Without a running game to speak of, the kid lit it up. I'm sorta shocked they weren't content with him behind center. QB was no where near there biggest problem. How about a lack of a defense and a superstar RB who doesn't want to play for you?

Yeah I don't understand that either.  Tyler Thigpen was not the problem for the Chiefs last year.  Dude lit it up down the stretch, he was pretty much THE bright spot on that team in '08.  It's an ego thing for the Pioli/Haley regime.  Wanting to put their own stamp on the team.  I really don't know that Cassell gives them a better chance to win than Thigpen did.  Sure you could point to the fact the Chiefs didn't win much under Thigpen, but the defense and lack of running game were the reason for that, not Thigpen. 

Admittedly, I am in the camp that thinks Cassell is extremely overrated and is the product of a system and supporting cast.  We'll see how it plays out, but I don't really like the move for KC.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Mar 03, 2009 at 10:19 »

Put me in the camp that says the Chiefs made out. I don't think Cassell is likely to be a Pro-Bowl caliber QB, but he will be all right. And an "all right" starting QB is fine for a second pick.

It's the addition of Vrabel that makes me suspicious some bullshit is going on. I know he's old, but he's still a quality veteran to get in addition to a starting QB for a measly second rounder. 

Got to think that Pioli has copies of some of the Spygate tapes and threatened to out Belicheat, or he copied the tapes of Bill's
knob-polishing maneuvers on Beardy. 

It's clearly blackmail.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: