Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 19, 2014 at 15:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Agency: the Fast and the Furious  (Read 361 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Feb 28, 2009 at 14:28 »

A lot going on.  Winslow to the Bucs, Vrabel and Cassell to the Pats West (Chefs), Kitna to the Lions South (Cowboys, who signed Roy Williams WR last year, and are looking to move Roy Williams, S, this year)...

Lito Sheppard to the Jets for a R5 and a 2010 conditional...

Saints may be trading for LT?  Hmmm, with Brees... are they now the Chargers East?

Kendall Simmons worked out for the Bills, but no deal.

Looking at some of the OG FA deals (Juicy, Dockery, someone else I forget), the Steelers commited FAR less guaranteed cash.  I'm feeling less pissy.

Domonique Foxworth to the Ravens, IIRC it was a 4 or 5 year for $27M with ~$16M guaranteed.  Bryant's deal should be about that, somewhere.

Jim Leonhard in big demand, Ravens, Jets, others.

A lot going on.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2009 at 09:32 »

Saints may be trading for LT?  Hmmm, with Brees... are they now the Chargers East?

Did Starks actually sign his franchise tag?  FTR, I can't recall if doing so allows the team to rescind it and trade the player without it costing the trading partner those two #1 picks (ala Cassell).  Too bad they ended up inking Stinchcomb longterm because I would've liked to have seen them trade Starks to them for a pick.  If I had to pick, I would rather have Barnes and say a R2 instead of an overpaid Starks and no extra pick.

Kendall Simmons worked out for the Bills, but no deal.

Looking at some of the OG FA deals (Juicy, Dockery, someone else I forget), the Steelers commited FAR less guaranteed cash.  I'm feeling less pissy.

I'm not.  There's a reason Pittsburgh commited less guaranteed cash.  You get what you pay for.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: