Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 21, 2014 at 07:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OK MGS...a little help here  (Read 1378 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Feb 28, 2009 at 21:11 »

You can't have any worse luck than I had with the glow in the dark reversible Steelers pimp jacket...which eventually sold on eBay.

How much did Finny end up paying for that?

$565.  Man, it was worth it.  I flash that shit out the back door, groundhogs go flyin' like the seen Jesus with lasers and shit, great rodential chattering and scurryin' under the chain link.  I walk down the street, with my large hat, my walking stick in hand, I got bitches signin' up and shit for they don't care what.  I ain't even gotta beat 'em with the heavy ring, I got the jacket now.  Rican upstarts wanna 'croach on Papa's turf, they see that jacket, they scurry like rats.  Like groundhogs under the chain link.  My minions carry the head on the pillow, through the center of town, the Pope of Anywhich Village.  Nuthin' matter, since I got my reversible.  Bulletproof.  Karmaproof.  You can't fuckin' fuck with me fuck-proof.  Had some poor shit empty a clip in my direction wearing the Otis Reversible, shit bouncing off me like grasshoppers off a corrugated metal shack, he stand there blinkin' before my boys cap and drag him to a swamp.  

It's just another day.  I'd say I was bored, but it would bore me to say so.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Feb 28, 2009 at 21:14 »

Sure, Finny likes it. We've seen the type of jacket he rolls with.

But Mrs. Finny? She's not a fan. Won't even reply to me on Facebook. Cold.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Feb 28, 2009 at 23:11 »

God you guy make me laugh!

And no, Brink, I wouldn't pay that much for it. I'd go to the PG website, order a copy of that edition & do it myself, a la Otis.

But that's just me. There's a bunch of lazy MFers out there who would pay it.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Mar 01, 2009 at 00:08 »

I'll take one fer $37.  And, overnight that shit or the eBay rating gets it.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #14 on: Mar 01, 2009 at 08:43 »

I'll take one fer $37.  And, overnight that shit or the eBay rating gets it.

Now thats funny...

These are for fans who do not live in the burgh' and do not have access to the PG.  But it is sounding like that 125 is a little to aggressive...maybe I should lower it to 110.

Brinker

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Mar 01, 2009 at 09:16 »

Are comparable products available on-line?  If so, what are their prices v. the quality they offer? 

What is the available market for high-end framing?  Or more importantly, where is the market?  Do you push the product outside of eBay?

Instead of a big price cut, could you offer to cover the cost of shipping?  "Free shipping" is always something that grabs my attention.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Mar 01, 2009 at 23:07 »

$100+ seems a tad expensive IMO.  saw one of the same in one of those mall shops that specializes in custom framing and pics of the city, etc...

Was the paper from the AFCCG with Troy on the front page going for around 60 bucks

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Mar 03, 2009 at 09:50 »

Honestly, I think it's a bit pricey in comparison to some alternatives:

I had actually been considering buying this set of 6 from the Post-Gazette.  They are reproductions of all 6 of the front pages for each Super Bowl victory.  I'm sure they just come rolled up in a cardboard tube, but for all 6 they are charging $25.
Might cost a bit more to have someplace mat and frame them, but then one could have the complete set.

https://ssl.post-gazette.com/store/product_detail.asp?Item_ID=294

Or if I was really ambitious I could get all six of them pre-framed for $399. Wondering how poor the quality of the frames
might be, though...

https://ssl.post-gazette.com/store/product_detail.asp?Item_ID=294

I think that might actually be the art to go on my home theater's walls!

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: