Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 30, 2014 at 07:30 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OK MGS...a little help here  (Read 1373 times)
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« on: Feb 28, 2009 at 17:24 »

The last time the Stillers won the SB I made a little extra dough getting the front page of the Post Gazette framed and then selling them.  I need to know and please be honest what you would pay for this today.  I have the item listed on EBay right now...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130290510680

OK let's skip the following

WAHT R U KIDDIN ME 125 BUCKS YOU R PATHETTIC... WHADDA THINK WEZE GOT ROONIEES MONEY

You would be surprised what my cost is on these.  I sold about 150 of them last time with minimal marketing, mostly posting them in Steeler bars with my information at the bottom. So far about 25 or so orders from friends, past customers and family.

In case you were wondering...Monday after the SB had Mom, Dad and Sis gather up as many PG's as they could ~250 of them

Again be honest...

Brinker

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2009 at 17:34 »

Well, if you're paying someone to frame, dry mount and make the custom mat, then I could see your cost being a little high. Is that some sort of sticker you have with the date?

For me, I wouldn't pay anywhere near that. But I've got a mat cutter and can make my own custom mat (93%). Also have a Michael's about a mile away, so can get a frame cheap. I know dry mounting is not cheap - charge about $20-30 to do a 24"x36" poster. Still, I could build the exact same deal easily, for under $50.

And your feedback rating sucks  Grin

Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2009 at 17:46 »

Does the glare come with it?  Wink

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2009 at 17:50 »

Ok first off my feedback rating does not suck,almost 99%, 2 jackasses ruined my rating.   Secondly, yes it would cost around that much to do it yourself.  I am not doing it myself, I hired a framing shop to get this done.  Lastly the thing that drives up the cost is the dry mounting to ensure they look good for years to come.

Did you really need to be such a dick?

Brinker

Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #4 on: Feb 28, 2009 at 17:51 »

Does the glare come with it? 

Yeah the picture sucks.  Using the old camera, new one is at my office.

Brinker

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Feb 28, 2009 at 18:49 »

Ok first off my feedback rating does not suck,almost 99%, 2 jackasses ruined my rating.

I forgot they changed to a rating for the last 12 months, so that can fuck things up. You only have 1 neg in the last year, so when it gets to a year past that neg, you should be golden again. Anything under 99% makes me take a closer look.

You obviously made money off these, so why do you care what we think? I mean, you don't get a bunch of these made and then ask what someone thinks. Unless you're trying to sell them here.

They look nice, but the framing is worth more than the featured item. I just sold my SB ticket on eBay for $85. You can buy the SI cover with Holmes, framed, for less than your item. Or you can buy the SI cover (11x14 no frame) for under $30 shipped and frame it yourself.

And when you sold the ones from XL, didn't list them at a higher price on MGS than you did on eBay? That's kinda dickish too  Wink
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #6 on: Feb 28, 2009 at 20:12 »

And when you sold the ones from XL, didn't list them at a higher price on MGS than you did on eBay? That's kinda dickish too 

You know what...if I did that was my mistake.  In fact you are right...anyone that is a MGS member $100.00.

Brinker

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Feb 28, 2009 at 20:22 »

You know what...if I did that was my mistake.

I'm just givin' you some grief. I've posted stuff on here, on eBay and on another message board I frequent and then had to go back and make sure I didn't have different prices on each board.

You can't have any worse luck than I had with the glow in the dark reversible Steelers pimp jacket...which eventually sold on eBay.

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Feb 28, 2009 at 20:53 »

You can't have any worse luck than I had with the glow in the dark reversible Steelers pimp jacket...which eventually sold on eBay.

How much did Finny end up paying for that?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #9 on: Feb 28, 2009 at 21:02 »

For me, I wouldn't pay anywhere near that. But I've got a mat cutter and can make my own custom mat (93%).

Also have a Michael's about a mile away

And there's the other 7%.   :lol:

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: