Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 22:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great way to spend a Sat. night  (Read 493 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: May 26, 2009 at 06:52 »

After all the family stuff this weekend in Pgh (funeral on Friday, wife's G'mas birthday on Sat.), my son and I were looking for something to do on Sat.  So we decide to head down to the arena and see what's up with watching the games on the big screen outside.

What a great night!  Weather was awesome, atmosphere was great (with several thousand fans), and everything was free.  They had food and drink for sale at the obviously outrageous prices, but you could also bring your own.  We had a great time and totally enjoyed hanging out with other Pens fans.

And my son rather enjoyed the view of the "Hockey Honeys" walking around in their scantily-clad summer gear.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009 at 09:38 »

Game two had a great atmosphere to it.  That was the most amount of people I have ever seen in front of the big screen and that's counting last season's run. I'm glad to hear that you and the son had a great night Preacher. 

And yes, Mellon Arena also packs some of the hottest girls in town.  I have not missed a Steelers or Penguins home game in a very long time and I can attest to that fact.  Not only do we have the greatest two players in the league to watch, but the girls are always nice. Wink

Unfortunately for the fans who watch the playoff games on the big screen, NBC sucks in more ways than one and will not allow the Penguins to televise the cup finals because of television ratings.   
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009 at 18:24 »

You sure your son didn't have company there, Preach?  wacko

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009 at 10:39 »

When you've got your own "Hockey Honey" back at the house, who needs to glance???  Wink

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: