Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 30, 2014 at 23:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Techies Unite - Please Help Me  (Read 495 times)
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« on: Mar 02, 2009 at 07:07 »

I have NO sound using my XM Radio Online. Other applications work just fine (iTunes, Rhapsody, etc.), other live web feeds work fine (K-Rock in NYC..Opie and Anthony Show). Only XMRO is giving me this problem, and it is driving me CRAZY! Also, it appears to only be a problem at my PC here at my office. My home PC works fine with XMRO. Other people in my office get XMRO, so it is not a firewall issue. Please help. I know it is a setting somewhere, this has been going on for over a week. Did I mention, it is driving me crazy?!? And it is a short drive.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2009 at 08:00 »

Does XMRO use it's own player?  If so, try uninstalling/reinstalling that.  Otherwise, see if there are any updates for the player you are using.  And try googling the problem, maybe you'll find a support forum where somebody solved the same issue.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2009 at 08:14 »

It is WMP based. like most live feeds. I have Googled. More questions, no solutions that have helped. There are alternative players, and oddly enough, none of them are giving me sound either. It is an XM problem. I called XM, they are clueless as to how to fix it.
« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2009 at 08:23 by vinman3 » Logged

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2009 at 08:49 »

Since it's WMP can you check what settings the other people in the office use?  It could be a checkbox on some tab 4 levels deep into the options, perhaps something specific to XM.  Do the coworkers have the same hardware+software setup?  You know, specifically, audio card?

Just grasping at straws, sounds like you've tried all the obvious stuff.  Guess it's time for a new pc!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2009 at 08:51 »

Guess it's time for a new pc!

When in doubt, throw it out.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: