Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 23, 2014 at 16:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Something's brewin'  (Read 1218 times)
BleedGreen710
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #10 on: Mar 04, 2009 at 00:31 »

Claude Mother Fucking Lemieux

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Mar 04, 2009 at 00:48 »

Claude Mother Fucking Lemieux

Two words that mean playoffs:

Esagod damnTikkanen.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Mar 04, 2009 at 07:21 »

March 4, 2009 | 2:02am ET
Penguins asked about Malone <http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/pit090304.html

PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Mar 04, 2009 at 08:12 »

March 4, 2009 | 7:54am ET
Senators ready to sell
TheFourthPeriod.com

The Senators have several players available for trade today, and Filip Kuba, Chris Neil, Antoine Vermette, Jarko Ruutu and Christoph Schubert could all be gone by 3pm ET, reports the Ottawa Sun.

Neil's agent, Todd Reynolds, met with Senators GM Bryan Murray for what appears to be the last time last night before the Sens game against the Calgary Flames.

According to the Sun, negotiations haven't gone well and as many as 10 teams have inquired about Neil's availability.

Detroit, San Jose, Pittsburgh, Boston, Montreal and the New York Rangers are among the teams reportedly interested.

The Sun claims the Red Wings have offered goalie Jimmy Howard and a third-round pick in exchange for Neil.

Kuba's agent, meanwhile, continues to talk contract with the Senators, but if a deal isn't gone, he'll be moved.

Dallas, Pittsburgh, Washington and Calgary are all looking to strengthen up their blueline, while Columbus, Chicago and Los Angeles are reportedly pursuing Vermette.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/ott090304.html
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Mar 04, 2009 at 08:33 »

Are they just hoping another team scoops him up?

Bingo and we would get something in return (late pick) for him while also dropping his $3.5 million.  The way it's looking right now, nobody is interested in Satan's excellent work ethic and $3.5 million dollars worth of production.  Teams have until noon today to claim him.

I thought once you're placed on waivers, you sat around until a team claims you or you clear waiver and are re-assigned.

Normally that is the case, but you don't have to sit him.  He is still Penguins property.  Although I'm not exactly sure how smart of an idea that is judging that you are basically telling the guy "Hey look, we made the idiotic move of signing you in the first place, we don't want you, we are hoping another team takes you off our hands.  Now go out there and play.".

What a bummer. I thought we've seen the last of him.  tickedoff

Wishful thinking on our parts.  Then again, I haven't seen the guy for the last five months unless it was on the PP with a wide open net in front of him (and even then).  Wink 
« Last Edit: Mar 04, 2009 at 08:47 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: