Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 30, 2014 at 13:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I want this...  (Read 1552 times)
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #10 on: Mar 05, 2009 at 08:38 »

You and me both. We checked out the NFL Experience store outside the stadium, but it was all just overpriced shit in those Seahawks XLIII colors. Didn't buy one thing in Tampa.

I may grab a Sixburgh shirt off eBay at some point or grab some clearance stuff.

My buddy wanted to buy a Terrible Towel at the SB, but they didn't have any for sale. Probably because of all the Seattle tears in Motown.

That is my hang-up with the Super Bowl stuff for this year.  I hate to look, at a quick glance, like a SeaHags fan...  It pales in timelessness to the XL gear.

PUMA
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Mar 05, 2009 at 09:27 »

I thought I was the only one that didn't like the XLIII stuf with that POS logo.  WTF?!?!

The Jerseys I bought for me and the fam before the SB all had that logo, so I had to hunt around for jerseys with out them.  I was in the market for the replica jerseys.

Haven't bought squadouche since the SB.  I almost let myself get sucked in to SItvorder.com.  I told myself it would be a waste.  I really do want the DVD, but when I looked at it online, it says it is available in Blu-Ray, but doesn't say if the non BR version is wide screen or not.  I shoud buy a BR version knowing I'll have one prolly in the next few years.  Definitely don't want a "full-screen" format.  Someone bought me the FS format of SB XL and I have never once watched it.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Puma170

« Reply #12 on: Mar 05, 2009 at 09:42 »

I got the DVD as a gift and it is excellent.  Now, I didn't get the Blu-Ray and watched it on an XBox 360 (so it upconverted for the for HD tv) and it was still letterbox.  It dragged a little on action shots but that is usually the case when upconverting. 

I will do the Blu-Ray when I can afford the Blu-Ray player.

PUMA
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Mar 05, 2009 at 10:33 »

If the non BR version is wide screen, I might have to consider it.  I can part with $25, I suppose.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
dare2beme

« Reply #14 on: Mar 05, 2009 at 10:41 »

Is it being sold on Amazon?  User feedback might give a clue whether it's widescreen or not.

If you ain't a Steeler fan, you're just a Jag-off...especially here in Jacksonburgh, FL!
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Mar 05, 2009 at 11:49 »

Funny.

A woman in the office here whose husband is an avid Steeler fan sent her an e-mail this morning that included a picture of this Six Pack and only the following five words:

"Yep, I just ordered this..."

She ended up forwarding this around to several co-worker friends with a "See what I've got to deal with?" kinda response.  To add a little fuel to the fire, I immediately asked why was he only ordering one??

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Puma170

« Reply #16 on: Mar 05, 2009 at 12:20 »

Well, Mrs. Puma has weighed in on this and the plan is either the six pack but the XL ketchup bottles are just now ketchup to be used -OR- The new bottle and nothing else...  As I wasn't really able to enjoy the first four Super Bowl wins, I may go for plan B.

Thoughts...

PUMA
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #17 on: Mar 05, 2009 at 12:30 »

Well, Mrs. Puma has weighed in on this and the plan is either the six pack but the XL ketchup bottles are just now ketchup to be used -OR- The new bottle and nothing else...  As I wasn't really able to enjoy the first four Super Bowl wins, I may go for plan B.

Thoughts...

PUMA

Just tell her it's not real ketchup.  Try one of these:

"See, the bottles don't even open!"
"C'mon honey, it's industrial slurry!  You don't think they'd put real ketchup in these things!?"
"Whoah, whoah, stop!  Trust me, you don't want that on your fries."
"You're really gonna eat that?"

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: