Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 02, 2014 at 01:53 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: T.O. Released  (Read 1584 times)
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Mar 05, 2009 at 11:01 »

Suicide watch.

Fo' real.

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Mar 05, 2009 at 11:16 »

Suicide watch.

Fo' real.

I guess he no longer has 34 million reasons to live.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Mar 05, 2009 at 11:35 »

I've advocated the signing of T.O. in the past, but I tend to be more of a gambler than most.  The last time I did, it was back after he made that comeback to play in the SB against NE.  The year they lost Burress to FA.  Whazzat, 5 years ago already?  Man...

That was then, this is now though.  At this point in his career, I think he'd do much more harm than good to basically any team he goes to; even one as "solid" as Pittsburgh's in the locker room.  I seem to remember that Philly group being a pretty tight unit before he got there too.

About the only way I would think about it...think about it, would be if there were like, zero guarantees in the contract and they could cut him at a moments notice with no ramifications.  Obviously, that'll never happen so it's moot.

I will admit that I'd be at least a little curious to see if Tomlin could get this guy to fly straight.  If there's a coach out there that could, I'd bet he'd be the guy.  It's a morbid curiosity, I know.  Admit it though, when you see that nasty wreck on the Interstate, you look too.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Mar 05, 2009 at 14:23 »

I guess he no longer has 34 million reasons to live.

clap

I will admit that I'd be at least a little curious to see if Tomlin could get this guy to fly straight.  If there's a coach out there that could, I'd bet he'd be the guy.  It's a morbid curiosity, I know.  Admit it though, when you see that nasty wreck on the Interstate, you look too.

I'll fess up, it would be interesting to see.  Give the guy 1 million, load the contract with TEAM-based incentives, 1-year deal to see how he behaves.  Put him on a Bob Knight contract, no tolerance, and see if he holds up.  I'd like to see him challenge James Harrison the way that he did Trotter or Douglas or whoever it was in Philly.  TO would be KOed.

Honestly, it's odd to think how good Philly might have been had TO not let himself get Rosen-hosed.  At this point I really can't even guess who would take a chance on him.  He's different to me than Randy Moss.  Moss was like the HS QB who just thought he could do whatever he wanted and get away with it.  When he got around people who challenged him to grow up, he did.

TO isn't that simple.  I think the guy has serious emotional and mental issues, some kind of attachment disorder or worse.  And I think all his self-love is a cover for a severe inferiority complex.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Mar 05, 2009 at 16:10 »

I would like the Steelers to sign the doucher, just to prevent the pastries from doing so.  then let him rot on the bench and use him as a punchline in the locker room.

instead of being in Tomlin's news, it would be, haha, Holmes just got TO'd for smoking the cheeba.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Mar 06, 2009 at 16:14 »

I will admit that I'd be at least a little curious to see if Tomlin could get this guy to fly straight.  If there's a coach out there that could, I'd bet he'd be the guy.

Three times teams have tried it, three times they've failed.  Sorry, I don't care what team it is, there is no need for a fourth try.  Tomlin is a great coach, but there's nothing in his limited history to prove he can handle that bigt a headache.  If he could run Parcells out of town, it's not worth thinking about.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Mar 07, 2009 at 15:59 »

I will admit that I'd be at least a little curious to see if Tomlin could get this guy to fly straight.  If there's a coach out there that could, I'd bet he'd be the guy.

Three times teams have tried it, three times they've failed.  Sorry, I don't care what team it is, there is no need for a fourth try.  Tomlin is a great coach, but there's nothing in his limited history to prove he can handle that bigt a headache.  If he could run Parcells out of town, it's not worth thinking about.

Just to further play devil's advocate, everyone said that the same thing would happen in NE when they singed Moss.  I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'...

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Mar 07, 2009 at 16:09 »

Moss and TO ain't nothin' the same...although Moss has done some dumb ass stuff too.

I'd have no problem with Moss on my team. He can catch.

TO is a plague. And dude drops shit all the time.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Mar 07, 2009 at 17:45 »

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Mar 07, 2009 at 17:47 »

This is going to be great.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: