Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 27, 2014 at 23:23 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ray-Ray, Birk SING with Ravens  (Read 539 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Mar 05, 2009 at 06:26 »

Word is that Ray is 3-year, 7 million a year.  Birk is 2 years, 9 million.

That's a lot of money for Birk, but he's a smart player and solid leader.  Not a terrible singing, for a short-term gig.

Gee, wish another team in the AFC North would make some moves like that along the oline.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2009 at 08:13 »

And finally, here in Baltimore, the sky has stopped falling.

I am shocked that Ray took less money but I guess he wasn't ready to retire. 

Now, the idea from one (just ONE not talking for the entire fan base) of my buddies who is a Rats fan is that they should get T.O. since Ray would be the guy to keep him in check.  A) Does he not remember the last time they went down that road and B) why would T.O. listen to Ray more than any other human being.  Because Ray might threaten to stab him?

Personally, I hope the Ravens do go after T.O., that would be a good signing for them...    wacko wacko

PUMA
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2009 at 09:02 »

Birk is 2 years, 9 million.

That's a lot of money for Birk, but he's a smart player and solid leader. 

I heard 3YR/12MILLION/6BONUS.  Either way, I think that's a very good deal for a Pro Bowl caliber OC. 

Let me rephrase...I would've MUCH PREFERRED Pittsburgh singing Birk for that amount, put him at OC and move Hartwig to OG than give Kemo the contract they did (which ends up being about the same amount per that Birk got).

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2009 at 09:09 »

I heard 3YR/12MILLION/6BONUS.  Either way, I think that's a very good deal for a Pro Bowl caliber OC. 

Let me rephrase...I would've MUCH PREFERRED Pittsburgh singing Birk for that amount, put him at OC and move Hartwig to OG than give Kemo the contract they did (which ends up being about the same amount per that Birk got).

I think the coaching staff is tiring of having to retrain a brand new OL each and every year.  Not saying I agree with their approach, but that's what I think it is.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2009 at 09:13 »

I think the coaching staff is tiring of having to retrain a brand new OL each and every year.  Not saying I agree with their approach, but that's what I think it is.

You know, they were obviously pleased with Hartwig and must see something in Kemo which they believe will develop.  A bit of continuity could go a long ways.  Maybe RG is the only spot that ends up getting upgraded this off season.  Only one new guy to train, perhaps they build greater cohesion that way.

One can hope.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Mar 05, 2009 at 11:43 »

Well, maybe if they stopped with this band-aid approach to it and actually brought in...you know talent, it wouldn't be so hard to develop a cohesive group.

I asked this on another thread, but I don't think anyone answered it.  Has Max Starks accepted his franchise offer?  If not, they could rescind it and make a (what I'd expect to be a lower) offer to a guy like Khalif Barnes who's still available.

Edit:  Nevermind.  Saw that he accepted it the same time I posted this.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Mar 05, 2009 at 14:13 »

Well, maybe if they stopped with this band-aid approach to it and actually brought in...you know talent, it wouldn't be so hard to develop a cohesive group.

Heaven forbid we actually get some guys with ability. 

I hear ya Penso when you point out the desire for continuity; even still, I have a hard time seeing how it's going to help with guys playing out of position and showing very little potential.  But, maybe I'm misreading the whole thing, maybe with another year as a unit they actually get better.

I still remain very skeptical.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
dare2beme

« Reply #7 on: Mar 05, 2009 at 16:04 »

I'm with Preach...45+ sacks allowed per year the last 3 years...how's that for continuity?  Tongue

If you ain't a Steeler fan, you're just a Jag-off...especially here in Jacksonburgh, FL!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: