Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 01, 2014 at 16:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TO to Pittsburgh??  (Read 1200 times)
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Mar 05, 2009 at 15:47 »

Just read this on the Bleacher Report:

Who is willing to take a chance on a 35 year old baby with more drama than a sixteen year old girl?

The only thing worse than Hines not being there next year (has anyone heard anything about this?) was if TO was to take his place! A great fit?? This guy's on some serious chemicals...

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2009 at 15:51 »

Jesus God, what a friggin' moron!!
Does he really think Tomlin would do that???

Tomlin is many things, but he's not stupid.
Hell, I'd rather have Plax back than TO!

The thought of that is gonna give me nightmares.... tickedoff

I'm still the one with the boobs.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2009 at 18:31 »

I have no idea what the Bleacher Report is.

And for once in my life, I'm comfortable in my ignorance.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2009 at 18:44 »

If what I keep reading is true Hines Ward will not be a Steeler next year.

No need to read any further.
VaBchSteelersfan

« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2009 at 20:20 »

I have no idea what the Bleacher Report is.

And for once in my life, I'm comfortable in my ignorance.

The Bleacher Report is the result of googling Mike Tomlin on Google News in the late afternoon when you're bored at work

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Mar 06, 2009 at 07:56 »

Tomlin doesn't run the organization, the Rooney's do.  Does anyone in their right mind see the Rooney's or any faction of the Steeler front office considering talking to that POS? 

Get a grip.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Mar 06, 2009 at 08:08 »

TO just signed with the Lions.

The BC Lions.
vcuram

« Reply #7 on: Mar 06, 2009 at 08:21 »

SING TERRABLE OVENS!!?))!

I've thrown a kettle over a pub before.  What the fuck have you ever done?
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Mar 06, 2009 at 08:47 »

TO ALL YOU SO-CLAD TURDELL OWNES "HATTERS" OUT THEIR, PLEAS SHUT UP...  ALL "T."O HAS EVER WONTED IS TO WIN, AND WEAREVER HE GO THEY WIN, SO IF YOU DONT' LIKE WINING THEN IT JUST MAKES SENCE THAT YOU HATE "T."O BUTT, ASS FOR ME I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE STEELEES OFFER DALLAS A 2007 FIRST ROUND AND A 2009 FIRST ROUND DARFT PICK PLUS, SING "T."O TO A 10-YEAR, $80,000,000,00 CORNTACT TO ASSURE HE RETRIE A STEELERS, HE THE MOSSED PORDUCTIVE ASSEIVER TODAY, BARN HUN.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Mar 06, 2009 at 12:36 »

The only thing worse than Hines not being there next year (has anyone heard anything about this?)

I haven't heard it on any of the local sports radio or tv shows.  I'm not sure where this guy is getting his information from, but I think he's way off on his little Hines Ward rumor.

As for T.O. in Pittsburgh, is it even worth debating? Will never happen.

"Tomlin could keep Owens in line",

What leads him to believe this? Is Tomlin a part time head shrink?  This is where it all begins with Owens.  These dumb organizations feel they can keep these type of athletes in line and the end results are always the same.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Mar 06, 2009 at 13:15 »

I could type something like This certainly looks like a great time to invest in GM and Citibank, and then I could read what I had just written, and read it again, and again, and again.

And then I could write some bullshit like:  If what I keep reading is true, this would be a great time to pick up shares in GM and Citibank.

Boy, that was easy.  I just started a rumor by implying multiple credible sources, when in fact the only source I have is some talking polyp up my ass, where my head is.

BTW, Hines's birthday (33) is Sunday.  TO's 35 already, and will be 36 this December.  Not only has he been a well-chronicled boil on the ass of every team he's played for, but he had a significant number of drops last season, which might indicate to anyone paying attention -- hell, even Jerry Jones, for that matter -- that perhaps TO's vaunted receiving skills might be on the wane. 

So let's see.  I should replace Mr. Consistency, who has been a Steeler since day one, is two and a half years younger than TO, and whose game is in no way predicated to foot speed, with Mr. Better Living Through Fucking With Team Chemistry hisself, who's about to join Marvin Harrison (36, still unsigned) in the twilight years?  At least Harrison wasn't a douche his whole career, just did his job, put up amazing numbers, tarnished his rep somewhat with that gun thing in Philly and now will be scratching the Isaac Bruce dirt path to retirement.

Ward has a few years left.  I'm going out on a limb to say whatever Owens's stats the last few years, inflated in that gaudy Dallas scheme, he's next in the Bruce...Harrison...Ow ens succession of decline.  Those guys will show you a few nice catches and people will say, Awww, see, they're back, when in fact they're not, they're on the nostalgia train.  Two years from now, Limas Sweed has a better chance of cracking a 1,000 yards than Owens does.  Two years from now, Owens will be doing situps in his driveway, and the neighbor will be mowing his lawn and blowing clippings all over him.  Two years from now, Owens will be getting in some celebrity boxing ring with Manute Bol or Fridge Perry or Screech or one of those peckers from 90210. 

Two years from now, Hines Ward may still be putting up 600, 700, 800 yards, maybe not the Steelers' leading receiver, but taking the hits and jumping up with the patented smile and first down signal.  And TO and Freddie Mitchell can share a beer and watch. 

Only thing I'd pay TO to do would be to wipe my ass, cuz I eat Kashi and on a daily basis shit bigger than that asteroid that just missed the earth.  I'd like to see TO come to Dan Rooney, hat in hand, begging for a job, and Rooney, all, what?, 130 pounds of him, kicking him out of the building.  Literally.  As in, Get outta here, you punk, and every step of the way, TO's begging him, Please, every other team has turned me down, you're my last chance, and Dan just keeps landing kick after kick on TO.  Snapping the head back with a nice cheek shot when TO's on his knees, catching his heel on TO's lip, landing a few shots to the kidneys, winding down with a little homage to the ultraviolence with a stirring rendition of Singing in the Rain and a nice glass of milk whilst listening to some Ludwig van.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #11 on: Mar 06, 2009 at 13:53 »

I could type something like This certainly looks like a great time to invest in GM and Citibank, and then I could read what I had just written, and read it again, and again, and again.

And then I could write some bullshit like:  If what I keep reading is true, this would be a great time to pick up shares in GM and Citibank.

That made me laugh out loud...

PUMA
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Mar 06, 2009 at 14:17 »

Two years from now, Limas Sweed has a better chance of cracking a 1,000 yards than Owens does.

That is going out on a limb.  At a young age, Sweed drops a much higher % of passes than TO.

Two years from now, Owens will be doing situps in his driveway, and the neighbor will be mowing his lawn and blowing clippings all over him.

I think that is more like 2 months from now.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Mar 08, 2009 at 00:11 »

This guy should read this over and over and over again...

Don't expect Terrell Owens to pop up for a visit to Pittsburgh any time soon unless his next team plays at Heinz Field in the fall.

Don't expect the Steelers to go after Jason Taylor, just as no one should have fallen for the Jeff Saturday-is-interested-in-playing here line, either.

By now, anyone over the age of 25 should know how the Steelers operate. They do not suffer malcontents, do not overpay for over-the-hill talent, do not bring in big names because they are big names, and they do not hurt their future or their bottom line for a hamburger today. And just because someone was born within 30 miles of the Golden Triangle does not mean he has a roster spot on the Steelers. That went out with the '60s.

They are as predictable as the Redskins missing the playoffs.

The Steelers do sign free agents, though, sometimes spectacularly so -- their own. That is their priority. Not to necessarily throw money after other team's free agents, but to try to keep the good players on their own team. With few exceptions, they've done a nice job of that through the years.

Among their re-signings the past several seasons were Troy Polamalu, Aaron Smith, James Farrior, Casey Hampton, Willie Parker, Ike Taylor, James Harrison, Max Starks, Chris Kemoeatu, Kendall Simmons, Larry Foote, Brett Keisel, Deshea Townsend, Chris Hoke, Jeff Reed and, of course, Ben Roethlisberger.

Believe it or not, those count, as do players such as Ryan Clark, Justin Hartwig, Farrior and Mewelde Moore they signed from other teams.

They might have had all kinds of money and cap room now to throw after free agents such as T.J. Houshmandzadeh had they not signed Roethlisberger to his $102 million extension. But then, who's going to throw to him? Don't think Polamalu's contract isn't having an effect on negotiations between the Steelers and James Harrison.

Many are praising the efforts of the New York Jets in free agency, especially their attempts to beef up their defense. One ESPN commentator proclaimed the Jets a force in the AFC East because of who they signed. It takes more than one or two players to save a defense, however. And good luck with that quarteback thing. The Jets made a mess of their quarterback position by signing Brett Favre and cutting Chad Pennington last year. Brilliant move.

The Steelers make mistakes, of course, such as re-signing Kendall Simmons to nearly $8 million in a signing bonus in what may have been a panic move, and then releasing him 18 months later. But there are few, and they seem to have a good eye when they do sign a lower-tiered free agent from elsewhere, such as Moore.

Fans, though, cannot expect to be entertained this time of year by a parade of free agents coming to Pittsburgh for inspection, or for any major signings of a free agent not the Steelers' own. It goes with the territory, and that philosophy has served them well since free agency began 15 years ago.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09067/953748-66.stm

leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Mar 08, 2009 at 09:08 »

This guy should read this over and over and over again...

Don't expect Terrell Owens to pop up for a visit to Pittsburgh any time soon unless his next team plays at Heinz Field in the fall.

Don't expect the Steelers to go after Jason Taylor, just as no one should have fallen for the Jeff Saturday-is-interested-in-playing here line, either.

By now, anyone over the age of 25 should know how the Steelers operate. They do not suffer malcontents, do not overpay for over-the-hill talent, do not bring in big names because they are big names, and they do not hurt their future or their bottom line for a hamburger today. And just because someone was born within 30 miles of the Golden Triangle does not mean he has a roster spot on the Steelers. That went out with the '60s.

They are as predictable as the Redskins missing the playoffs.

The Steelers do sign free agents, though, sometimes spectacularly so -- their own. That is their priority. Not to necessarily throw money after other team's free agents, but to try to keep the good players on their own team. With few exceptions, they've done a nice job of that through the years.

Among their re-signings the past several seasons were Troy Polamalu, Aaron Smith, James Farrior, Casey Hampton, Willie Parker, Ike Taylor, James Harrison, Max Starks, Chris Kemoeatu, Kendall Simmons, Larry Foote, Brett Keisel, Deshea Townsend, Chris Hoke, Jeff Reed and, of course, Ben Roethlisberger.

Believe it or not, those count, as do players such as Ryan Clark, Justin Hartwig, Farrior and Mewelde Moore they signed from other teams.

They might have had all kinds of money and cap room now to throw after free agents such as T.J. Houshmandzadeh had they not signed Roethlisberger to his $102 million extension. But then, who's going to throw to him? Don't think Polamalu's contract isn't having an effect on negotiations between the Steelers and James Harrison.

Many are praising the efforts of the New York Jets in free agency, especially their attempts to beef up their defense. One ESPN commentator proclaimed the Jets a force in the AFC East because of who they signed. It takes more than one or two players to save a defense, however. And good luck with that quarteback thing. The Jets made a mess of their quarterback position by signing Brett Favre and cutting Chad Pennington last year. Brilliant move.

The Steelers make mistakes, of course, such as re-signing Kendall Simmons to nearly $8 million in a signing bonus in what may have been a panic move, and then releasing him 18 months later. But there are few, and they seem to have a good eye when they do sign a lower-tiered free agent from elsewhere, such as Moore.

Fans, though, cannot expect to be entertained this time of year by a parade of free agents coming to Pittsburgh for inspection, or for any major signings of a free agent not the Steelers' own. It goes with the territory, and that philosophy has served them well since free agency began 15 years ago.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09067/953748-66.stm

Amen, brothah!

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: