Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 29, 2014 at 13:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sid in, Gonchar out, Goligoski up.  (Read 830 times)
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Mar 05, 2009 at 18:02 »

http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=412516

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2009 at 18:39 »

Huge game tonight, let's keep rolling and get two. Let's go let's fucking go!
whitmer_87

« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2009 at 21:01 »

What that smell like Florida?

I'm really liking Bylsma's system. I don't think there is any denying that Bylsma is doing one hell of a job. Looked great tonight, looking forward to getting some revenge against those pussy Caps. Go Pens!

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
Merman1983
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2009 at 11:22 »

What that smell like Florida?

I'm really liking Bylsma's system. I don't think there is any denying that Bylsma is doing one hell of a job. Looked great tonight, looking forward to getting some revenge against those pussy Caps. Go Pens!

Definitely a grande win. Fluery looked good and we put 45 shots on net. And I have serious man-love for Chris Letang.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2009 at 11:54 »

And I have serious man-love for Chris Letang.

Imagine if he was shooting the puck more often all season long?  I'm not sure if it's because of the new system or if it was a lack of confidence, but he could easily have had 20 goals this season if he shot more.  I think it has more to do with his confidence level.  He has had chances all season long in the old system and he chose to dump the puck off every damn time. 

He completely makes me forget about Ryan Whitney.  I don't care what Ron Cook states in the PPG, Anaheim can have him and I won't miss him for a minute as long as Kris Letang keeps shooting and Gogo keeps progressing.  It's a thing of beauty to watch both Gogo and Tanger skate with the puck.

I still feel this team should find a way to keep Gogo at the NHL level for the remainder of the season.  He is not AHL material, he's NHL material.  If Gill's ice time has to suffer in order to get Gogo more playing time, I'm all for it. 
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Mar 06, 2009 at 12:48 »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=290305026

What jumps off the stat sheet for me is the faceoff numbers.  I didn't see the game but it appears from the numbers that Crosby was DOMINAT in the circle.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
whitmer_87

« Reply #6 on: Mar 06, 2009 at 13:46 »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=290305026

What jumps off the stat sheet for me is the faceoff numbers.  I didn't see the game but it appears from the numbers that Crosby was DOMINAT in the circle.

Damn, 74% in the circle for Sid. I knew he was winning the majority, but not 17 of 23. That's sick.

PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Mar 06, 2009 at 14:17 »

Damn, 74% in the circle for Sid. I knew he was winning the majority, but not 17 of 23. That's sick.

People criticized his faceoff abilities last season, he worked on it during the offseason and these are the results.  He has been great on them all season long for the most part.
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #8 on: Mar 06, 2009 at 14:24 »

Gotta love Mr. Kennedy, Kennedy lickin' the stick for luck!

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
Merman1983
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Mar 06, 2009 at 15:52 »

And I have serious man-love for Chris Letang.

Imagine if he was shooting the puck more often all season long?  I'm not sure if it's because of the new system or if it was a lack of confidence, but he could easily have had 20 goals this season if he shot more.  I think it has more to do with his confidence level.  He has had chances all season long in the old system and he chose to dump the puck off every damn time. 

He completely makes me forget about Ryan Whitney.  I don't care what Ron Cook states in the PPG, Anaheim can have him and I won't miss him for a minute as long as Kris Letang keeps shooting and Gogo keeps progressing.  It's a thing of beauty to watch both Gogo and Tanger skate with the puck.

I still feel this team should find a way to keep Gogo at the NHL level for the remainder of the season.  He is not AHL material, he's NHL material.  If Gill's ice time has to suffer in order to get Gogo more playing time, I'm all for it. 

Couldn't agree more. I had no problem unloading Whitney but would have been pretty unhappy if Gogo had been traded and downright livid if Letang had been traded. Hopefully his confidence will grow and he'll start shooting at every oppurtunity. That goal last night was a thing of beauty.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: