Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 22, 2014 at 23:40 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pens / Bruins  (Read 409 times)
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« on: Mar 15, 2009 at 15:21 »

3-2 Bruins on a shorthand goal midway through the 2nd. We scored on the power play today, finally.

How good would Phil Kessel look on Sid's line?
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2009 at 16:14 »

5-4 Pens. Kunitz with the hat trick.

For some reason I felt better going into the third down 3-2 than I would have up 3-1. 

Since I'm always the first one to criticize Shero I'll say he did a very good job at the deadline. Kunitz is a good all around player and we have him under control for a few years. He's still not the long term winger I want for Sid but he's defnitely better than what we had and more valuable to this team than Ryan Whitney. The Guerin rental has worked out too.

Let's get these 2 points.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2009 at 22:39 »

Unfortunately, they took away Kunitz's HT tonight.  They eventually gave the goal to Gonchar because it hit off a Bruin. 

I loved the Kunitz deal from the beginning and I tip my hat to Shero for going out and grabbing Guerin for a conditional draft pick. 

Yet, Ray still has his work cut out for him during this upcoming offseason.  He still needs to go out and find another winger for the Malkin line.  Fedotenko and Sykora are not going to cut it and who knows if Sykora will even be here next season?  He's going to also need to go out and find Crosby a winger.  While Guerin is a warm and fuzzy short-term fix, the guy is not getting any younger and is not the long-term answer.
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2009 at 17:00 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: