Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 23, 2014 at 06:23 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Andre Smith free fall?  (Read 1155 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Mar 11, 2009 at 15:44 »

Is this the 2008 free fall guy or what?  Was talked about as a possible #1 overall.  Now, he might be there aty 1.32... and we'd pass him by.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2009 at 17:47 »

Hmm.. Seems like  a lazy fatass in the Jamain Stephens mold.

Do we consider him DND? It'd be tempting at 1.32, though, no?

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2009 at 18:05 »

He's got skill.  I had thought that if he fell to 1.32, he'd be worth a gamble.  But: missed his Bowl Game for violation of team rules.  Fucked up at Indy.  Fucked up at Pro Day.

If he can't get his shot together for his team, or for his own future, I think he's off the board until R4 a the earliest.  But that's just me.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2009 at 09:23 »

Mayock admitted he had a bad workout, but still thinks he plays well enough on tape to warrant being a top 10, and projected him to the Bengals.

Fine.  Let them draft Jamaine.  I personally don't give a shit about NFL Network's angle that he's a "nice" kid.  I never said he drowned kittens, sold babies for crack, or ran a part-time ponzi scheme to defrauf retirees.  And, despite the fact that I am scarred for life, having witnessed the NFLN's grotesque and disturbing footage of Smith running the 40 shirtless, saggy National Geo aboriginal man-tits a-flappin' so hard I thought Smith was gonna lose an eye, I don't even care so much about his being a bit out of shape.  There are fat guys who come into the league and play fine.

My issue is, does he have a commitment to the game, does he understand the value of hard work, is he always going to be fighting the battle of the bulge rather than fighting pass rushers.  And finally, I think he's a bit short to be anything more than a glorified Willie Colon, a short guy who might be better suited inside, who could maybe play some tackle in a pinch. 

But man, seriously, those man-tits were a nightmare.  Bill Parcells looks like he's got Kate Moss tits compared to that guy.

Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2009 at 10:17 »

I say wait and see just how far he falls.  If it's that bad, maybe he drops to R2?  R3? 

Even still, he'd have to show me more than he has thus far to warrant a draft pick.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
TwistedLemon

« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2009 at 18:00 »

If he were there with maybe our second, but not the first.  If still there at round 3 (our second pick of round 3) then perhaps.  Commitment means alot.......his went AWOL

"My reality check bounced"
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2009 at 18:15 »

I can't see how he would fall to our second rounder.  Didn't see the workout, but he's got a month to do damage control.  He'll convince someone to take a shot at him.  Personally, I don't see him falling to 1.32, but he will not make it through round 2.  If he did, do you really pass on him?  I think I'd have to take him just on the chance he gets motivated by the percieved snub.  If you don't take him then, you've pretty much declared him a DND for your organization.

Unfortunately, if he isn't taken and we don't want him, that means all the lineman move up a spot - less to choose from.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Mar 13, 2009 at 09:23 »

Personally, I don't see him falling to 1.32, but he will not make it through round 2.  If he did, do you really pass on him?  I think I'd have to take him just on the chance he gets motivated by the percieved snub. 

I think I agree.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
TwistedLemon

« Reply #8 on: Mar 13, 2009 at 18:28 »

I dont see him getting to our round 2 either.....just emphasising I dont want him with our 1 IF he were to fall that far

"My reality check bounced"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: