Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 28, 2014 at 11:35 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh yeah...  (Read 1637 times)
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Mar 25, 2009 at 15:36 »

It is extra extra convenient when it is at work for the Mrs. 

That means dad gets out of dropping off or picking up.  "Gee honey, I would really like to do that, but since you are going there already, I'm just going to catch up on some Flintstones.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Mar 25, 2009 at 15:46 »

Ten years ago, we paid $90/week in a Twin Cities suburb. Lovely Egyptian woman, who only had a small number of kids. Good deal.

I could see 90 per week in a small town with low cost of living.  Otherwise, here, $90 per week would have yielded a steel crib in a dark basement.

11 years ago, we paid 600 per mo for an infant.  It was a new private day care, but was actually less than some of the chain places here like Kindercare and Children's World.  When we had the 2nd one we were going to pull them out and go some place cheaper, that wasn't as nice, so the owner matched the price of the other place to get us to stay.   

When the oldest was getting ready to start Kindergarten, and the other one was 4 ish, I think it was up to $1450 per month.  I think when school started, if our oldest would have been staying there instead of going to K, it was going up to $1600.  It was borderline criminal.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: