Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 22, 2014 at 12:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wonderlic Scores...  (Read 1434 times)
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« on: Mar 23, 2009 at 19:56 »

Also scoring well on the Wonderlic was Maryland cornerback Kevin Barnes, who scored a 41. I just wish that Rhodes Scholar winner Myron Rolle, who put the NFL on hold to go to Oxford next year, had taken the Wonderlic. He might pull a Kevin Curtis on it if he ever takes it (Curtis scored a 48). By the way, Pat McInally, a graduate of Harvard University who played wide receiver and punted for the Bengals, is the only football player to record a confirmed perfect score of 50.

Now let's get to the dumbasses. There are a lot more of those.

Seems the wide receiving corps is especially stupid this year. Michael Crabtree of Texas Tech scored a 15, Darrius Heyward-Bey of Maryland scored a 14, and Percy Harvin of Florida scored a 12. Not real good. But don't worry, there was someone who was worse. Hakeem Nicks of UNC wowed everyone with an 11. A score of 10 suggests a person is literate, so at least all of the receivers can read this, I hope.

By the way, Jeremy Maclin of Missouri scored a 25, so he's like the Einstein of this year's receiving corps.

A few other fools include linebacker Rey Maualuga, who scored a 15, and O-lineman Andre Smith, who continued his epic draft stock slide by posting a 17.

Here are a few other scores for some of 2009's top prospects.

Arizona's Eben Britton - 31
Virginia's Eugene Monroe - 24
Baylor's Jason Smith - 23
Ole Miss's Michael Oher - 19
USC's Clay Matthews - 27
USC's Brian Cushing - 23
Michigan's Louis Delmas - 12

The lowest score we know of remains Nicks, but so far it seems only Wonderlic scores for top prospects are out. I'm sure someone scored below a 10 this year. By the way, in case you were wondering, the lowest score ever on the Wonderlic came courtesy of Darren Davis, a running back from Iowa State who scored a 4.

If we find out about any players who are illiterate from this year's draft class, we'll be sure to let you know

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2009 at 21:40 »

I know a little about the Wonderlic, but how does it really translate into NFL success?
Mostly I'm wondering if it relates to position or to overall ability...

I'm still the one with the boobs.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2009 at 00:13 »

Seems the wide receiving corps is especially stupid this year. Michael Crabtree of Texas Tech scored a 15, Darrius Heyward-Bey of Maryland scored a 14, and Percy Harvin of Florida scored a 12. Not real good. But don't worry, there was someone who was worse. Hakeem Nicks of UNC wowed everyone with an 11.

You might not be able to teach fast, but you sure as hell can't teach smart.

*treeness*
« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2009 at 00:18 by pensodyssey » Logged

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2009 at 06:55 »

I know a little about the Wonderlic, but how does it really translate into NFL success?
Mostly I'm wondering if it relates to position or to overall ability...

I don't understand the question.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Mar 24, 2009 at 07:56 »

I know a little about the Wonderlic,

But you'd love to know more.

:wonderlick:
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Mar 24, 2009 at 08:03 »

On Mike and Mike this morning, someone "administered the test verbally.  Eric Kusillias (whatever the F@ck his name is) was in for greene.  The questions I heard were:  Rope is 21 cents per foot.  How much is 4 feet?
                                  Rope, maybe, is $1 for 10 feet.  How much is 60 feet?
                                  What is the 9th month of the year?

There was another one, but too long to type.  Seems like anything less than 25 would be illiterate. 

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Mar 24, 2009 at 08:07 »

The rope questions are racially tainted.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Mar 24, 2009 at 10:31 »

Frankly, I think a lot of those guys just don't give a shit about the test.  I don't doubt that there are a handful of tree stumps out there, but for the most part I think a big percentage of those guys take one look at that paper packet and go "fuck that." 

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Mar 24, 2009 at 11:52 »

Frankly, I think a lot of those guys just don't give a shit about the test.  I don't doubt that there are a handful of tree stumps out there, but for the most part I think a big percentage of those guys take one look at that paper packet and go "fuck that." 

Which says something about their intelligence in and of itself.

To answer Leigh's question (Must you guys always objectify?  Gawd, this board is like so phallocentric),  I think the scores are good indices for postitions like IOL, QB, S and ILB, places where there's alot of play calling and scheme reading/directing.  It seems not to matter much for wide receivers.

Or maybe we're looking at a social dynamic here; young kids that are skilled but dumb get shuffled out to WR or RB, where they can rely on natural ability and do less thinking. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Mar 24, 2009 at 13:34 »

Jeff Reed scored a .29 on his test.

(Must you guys always objectify?  Gawd, this board is like so phallocentric)

Did you copy and paste Brinker's "why'd ya have to be such a dick" into the Fancy College Boy Talk generator?
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: