Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 01, 2014 at 21:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pansies only, please!  (Read 2686 times)
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Mar 24, 2009 at 19:44 »

It will be called if three or more players line up shoulder to shoulder within two yards of each other to lead the blocking

So will it be a penalty if the covering team shoots more than 2 guys into that 2 man wedge???

This is wayyyy gayer than 'using a football as a prop' rule

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Mar 24, 2009 at 21:06 »

These rule changes are the reason why football is dying.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Mar 24, 2009 at 21:29 »

These rule changes are the reason why football is dying.

+1 for Penso

vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #13 on: Mar 25, 2009 at 06:33 »

Roger Goodell is destroying the NFL...things have gone downhill ever since he took the position.

However the NFL did just sign a 4 year $4 billion, yes billion with a B, contract with Directv.

But nevertheless he is an ass...

So you cannot hit the QB high or low

Miyagi ---You go high not legal,you go low not legal, you go middle squish just like grape

Really you can't go middle either. If you go middle, you run the risk of falling on the QB on the way down, and driving the QB to the ground is a penalty too. Bullshit. Roger Goddell is an ass.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Mar 25, 2009 at 08:38 »

The "wedge" has been part of kickoff returns seemingly forever. The wedge is simply three players lined up in a blocking triangle that a returner follows as it plows up the field against kickoff coverage. After watching years of tape, the Competition Committee felt the wedge was causing too many injuries. Starting this fall, no more than two receiver team players may intentionally form a wedge to help the returner. The penalty is 15 yards and will be enforced from the spot of the wedge. It will be called if three or more players line up shoulder to shoulder within two yards of each other to lead the blocking.

This is SO FUCKING GAY.     

I say, bring back the old school Wedge Buster.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Mar 25, 2009 at 08:55 »

Penalties...shmenalti es.  Fines?  *Pfffffft.*

If I'm Tomlin, I tell the team to keep doin' what you been doin'.  Don't change a goddamned thing.  Play hard.  Hit hard.  Make 'em fear it.  Make 'em remember it.

I'd rather have to deal with an occasional penalty than give the offense carte blanche to go over the middle without having to fear any repercussions.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Mar 25, 2009 at 09:32 »

I say, bring back the old school Wedge Buster.

Isn't Orpheus Roye still on our roster?

If I'm Tomlin, I tell the team to keep doin' what you been doin'.  Don't change a goddamned thing.  Play hard.  Hit hard.  Make 'em fear it.  Make 'em remember it.

I'd rather have to deal with an occasional penalty than give the offense carte blanche to go over the middle without having to fear any repercussions.

It would be worth it just to prove the point:  This is how football is played!  Not to mention, if we just happen to eliminate Carson Daly and Tom Beardy in the process, so be it!

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #17 on: Mar 25, 2009 at 09:33 »

That should be what he tells them, but the league I am sure will start fining the players for the "illegal" hits.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #18 on: Mar 25, 2009 at 12:40 »

This is complete fucking nonsense. Why not just put flags around the QBs waists, hell why not just convert it to a flag league all together? Jesus fucking Christ! The NFL is almost getting to the point where it's unwatchable. All those bullshit fines, and roughing the QB penalties last year made me sick. And yet, next season it will be worse.

Ryan Clarke's hit on Welker would have been a top 10 plays 4 years ago, now it's fucking forbidden and frowned upon. There used to be a segment on MNC called "Jacked Up!" next thing you know we're going to have a new segment called, "Pleasantly Taken Down in a Legal Manner!" Brought to you exclusively by Dove Women's Hygiene Spray.

This pussification of the league will be it's downfall. Maybe I'm terribly mistaken, but I am pretty damn sure that people love seeing huge hits. Or love seeing people getting jacked up in general. There a shows on tv completely dedicated to people getting fucked up. Real TV is nothing more than skateboard injuries, car accidents, and people's parachutes not fully deploying. People watch it too! Maybe the dickless pseudointellectual bastards of the world think it's lowbrow entertainment, but fuck them. It's human nature.

I love seeing WRs get jacked up going over the middle. I love to see Hines Ward turn a LBs mandible into liquid shit. I love it! It's part of the game dammit.

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Mar 25, 2009 at 15:32 »

I think talking about this is getting Whitmer - "Jacked Up".

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: