Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 22, 2014 at 22:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pansies only, please!  (Read 2962 times)
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Mar 25, 2009 at 16:47 »

A 15-yard penalty will be enforced if a player delivers a blind-side block to the head of a defender using his helmet, forearm or shoulder

PTI just showed the Ward blind side block on mush mouth and I will wager anyone in here to show me where he hit Rivers head on that block?Huh?

Dont you think if they are going to name a penalty after you, you had to at least committ a penalty?

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Mar 25, 2009 at 21:54 »

The Limas Sweed rule, then?

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Mar 25, 2009 at 22:49 »

Quote from: jacksplat
Dont you think if they are going to name a penalty after you, you had to at least committ a penalty?
The Limas Sweed rule, then?

Yeah, and they should also rename "false start" the Willie Colon rule.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #23 on: Mar 26, 2009 at 06:46 »

I think talking about this is getting Whitmer - "Jacked Up".

Or something like 'jacked up" poke

Whitmer you are spot on buddy. This is not a good day for the NFL.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Mar 26, 2009 at 08:58 »

And NOW, they are talking about adding two games to the regular season.

So, we're concerned about the safety of players, we're concerned about keeping the stars healthy for the games' biggest stage, so we're going to do that by adding two more opportunities for players to be fatigued and get injured at the end of the year? 

Goodell's answer is to turn it into flag football so that they can put more games on the schedule. 

I believe that players are more likely to get hurt when they are not going 100%, and with these rules it's nearly impossible for players to go 100%.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Mar 26, 2009 at 10:13 »

So, we're concerned about the safety of players, we're concerned about keeping the stars healthy for the games' biggest stage, so we're going to do that by adding two more opportunities for players to be fatigued and get injured at the end of the year? 

Goodell's answer is to turn it into flag football so that they can put more games on the schedule. 

From what I read, they would add a couple and cut down the preseason to two games.  Net effect, same amount of games just with more that count.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Mar 26, 2009 at 10:24 »

A 15-yard penalty will be enforced if a player delivers a blind-side block to the head of a defender using his helmet, forearm or shoulder

PTI just showed the Ward blind side block on mush mouth and I will wager anyone in here to show me where he hit Rivers head on that block?Huh?

That's what I was thinking when reading the new rule.  I don't think there has been one of those blocks where Ward has hit a guy in the head, and he always uses his shoulder.

It is the phantom Ward rule.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: Mar 26, 2009 at 11:58 »

From what I read, they would add a couple and cut down the preseason to two games.  Net effect, same amount of games just with more that count.

Yeah, and that's a load of BS from the league, too.  Do they really think preseason games are the exact equivalent of regular season games?  Hell, your best players might not get a full 60 minutes out of ALL FOUR preseason games. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #28 on: Mar 26, 2009 at 12:56 »

You guys remember the drink Snapple? Had like 8 different flavors to start out with, and fucking everybody drank it. It was really popular and all that. Well then they decided to make more and more and more different flavors and people just burnt out of it. They couldn't keep up. My point is, you don't fuck with success. Which is what Goodell is doing. 16 games is great, everyone loves it. If you put in more and more games, you're just going to wear out your welcome(especially with these vagtastically gay rules they keep adding) and people will eventually get tired of it.
« Last Edit: Mar 26, 2009 at 13:12 by whitmer_87 » Logged

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #29 on: Mar 26, 2009 at 15:14 »

So, they're gonna start the season on Aug 7th and have the SB on Mar 1st?

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: