Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 25, 2014 at 12:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SING JAY COOTER!!!11  (Read 1456 times)
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Apr 01, 2009 at 13:51 »

" WELL THAT IS MY POINT HE, ALREADY OVER THE HILL WHERE ASS JAY SCUTLER IS JUST COMBING INTO HIS PRIMUS.

BIG "BEN" HAS ALREADY BIN SACK WHAT ABOUT 50 TIMES THE LAST 4 SEASONINGS THAT, EQUALS WHAT, 2000 SACKS BY MY COUNTED?

This post is even funnier if one imagines it read in Finny's "engrish" asian voice.

Or was it Nigerian?

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Apr 02, 2009 at 16:55 »

Cutler goes to the NFC.

Nice.

Both sides made out, IMO.  Two #1's is a lot, but it's easy to say that when you've already got a franchise QB.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Apr 02, 2009 at 18:20 »

Wow, the Bears out-Snydered Snyder.

The Chicago Bears pulled the big upset Thursday afternoon by acquiring Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler.

To acquire Cutler, the Bears had to give up quarterback Kyle Orton and first-round picks in 2009 (18th overall) and 2010, along with a third-round pick (84th overall) in 2009.

To complete the trade, the Broncos had to give back a fifth-round pick (140th overall) in 2009. That pick was acquired by the Broncos from the Seattle Seahawks in a trade for wide receiver Keary Colbert.

The Bears beat out the Redskins, Buccaneers, Lions, Titans and other teams to land the 25-year-old Pro Bowl quarterback.

OK, so using the value chart thingey that says a year later = a round later, the Bears gave up a R1, a *R2, and R3, (and Orton, what the fuck ever), got Cutler and a R5.  Seems steep, but I guess if you want to outfox the competition...  But they have to now be seen as contenders in the NFCN.  I mean, they've suffered enough with Sexy Rexy and Kyle "Orton."  Don't know how they plan on adding, say, receivers, but whatever. 

Broncos can now sign a vet (Lefty, Gaycia) and draft a later round QB like McGee.  IMO, you do that rather than drafting a guy like Stafford, if he falls, or the KSU guy Freeman.  Bolster the D and the essentials, then develop a guy you're not over-drafting (this year's QB class sucks balls).

Guess it is win-win, but the best part is the Cuntler drama is OVER.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Apr 02, 2009 at 18:25 »

Denver got the good end of the deal IMO.  Two firsts, a third and a serviceable QB in exchange for a franchise headache and a fifth?  Gotta love bidding wars.  Orton obviously won't be the answer, but they've got plenty of ways to find the long term solution now.

Only way that works out well for Chicago is if you think they were really one player away.  People have been crying they need a QB for years, and they do, but that was steep.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Apr 02, 2009 at 18:30 »

Denver got the good end of the deal IMO.  Two firsts, a third and a serviceable QB in exchange for a franchise headache and a fifth?  Gotta love bidding wars.  Orton obviously won't be the answer, but they've got plenty of ways to find the long term solution now.

Only way that works out well for Chicago is if you think they were really one player away.  People have been crying they need a QB for years, and they do, but that was steep.

I tend to agree, except that this year's QB class is dreck, so you're waiting and waiting if you're the Bears... And no QB?  No chance against the Vikes and Pack in that division. 

McDaniels has a TON of draft picks to reload, and Denver needs to reload.  Godawful D, and now some Q's on O (QB, Marshall's hip, who's the RB out of a bunch of B-types).  Suspect the Broncs slip in the short, succeed in the long.  Opposite for the Bears, who should be in it, now.  At least divisionally.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #15 on: Apr 02, 2009 at 22:20 »

Denver wasn't gonna do this until they heard about Joe Campbell, phenom. 

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #16 on: Apr 02, 2009 at 23:07 »

Let us not forget, we play at Da Bears this year...I would love to see the Silverback knock his dick in the dirt...he is a little bitch.  Broncos got a hell of alot of picks for that headache. McDaniels looking more and more like his mentor.

Brinker

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: