Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 02, 2014 at 04:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gotta Love Sid...  (Read 785 times)
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« on: Apr 07, 2009 at 20:14 »

Sidney Crosby vs Keith Ballard Apr 5, 2009

Even if he cannot fight, I love the approach he has to the game...

Brinker

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Apr 07, 2009 at 21:36 »

Personally, I'm not crazy about Sidney Crosby throwing down the gloves and fighting.  Particularly when this team was fighting for a playoff spot, which they were doing at the time of the fight.  No matter the case, Fedotenko punching Armstrong in the nose and breaking his hand is one thing, Crosby breaking his hand and being lost for a significant amount of time is a completely different story.

At the same time, Crosby has been bashed and criticized by jagoffs around the league (and unfortunately by some of the bandwagon morons in this city) for being a pansy and only caring about his personal goals.  You would think this should shut them the fuck up for the time being.  Then again, some people just need something to bitch about in this city and the other half are simply jealous that he's not on their roster.

When all is said and done, I say fuck the critics and bandwagon moron's and just put up points and do what you are paid to do.  Leave the fighting up to others on the team.  That's why they are not getting paid $8.7 million a year.
« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2009 at 06:32 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #2 on: Apr 07, 2009 at 22:32 »

Ok I see your point, but I still love it.  BTW afeter going to the Carolina game the other night I have a new most hated team in the NHL...the Canes.  I had great seats...2 rows from the glass.  Half of their fans knew nothing about the sport and the other half were not hockey fans 5 years ago.  Put it this way, in my past life I was a little bit of a hothead. Thankfully I was at the game with the Mrs. and some friends. I have not been a fight in 6 years, but one jerkoff kept pushing my buttons. He kept mocking Malkin and us by screaming "C'mon Geno" over and over again.  I laughed it off at first, but after a few pints of liquid courage I told him to shut the fuck up.  Friends and other fans were able to cool us down...but man what an asshole.  No matter how hot the Canes are right now, I hope we meet them in the  playoffs...

Brinker

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #3 on: Apr 08, 2009 at 01:41 »

Sid is the captain of this team, and Ballard laid down a nice check on Malkin. There needed to be retaliation, what I love is that he took on the guy that hit Geno. Most enforcers fight the other team's enforcer after a hit like that, but Sid went straight after the guy and dropped the gloves. It was the principle of the matter. A hit on Malkin isn't going to go unnoticed, and the fact that is was Sid who stepped up makes it so much better IMO. If there was a time to fight, this was it. Sid's been in 3 fights, it's not like he's dropping the gloves every couple games. I love seeing that fire out of him. He did the right thing. No question about it.

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Apr 08, 2009 at 06:42 »

Ok I see your point, but I still love it.

I love it to.  I love watching his intensity.  It only takes one fight (Fedotenko) in order for something to go wrong.  It's bad enough we are struggling to get production from our second line, the last thing we need to see is Crosby going down for a significant amount of time because he lost his cool and decided to throw down.  There are other players on the team who were capable of going after Ballard.  Talbot tends to do the job well when it comes to going after the guy who laid out a big hit on one of our stars. 

BTW afeter going to the Carolina game the other night I have a new most hated team in the NHL...the Canes.  I had great seats...2 rows from the glass.  Half of their fans knew nothing about the sport and the other half were not hockey fans 5 years ago.  Put it this way, in my past life I was a little bit of a hothead. Thankfully I was at the game with the Mrs. and some friends. I have not been a fight in 6 years, but one jerkoff kept pushing my buttons. He kept mocking Malkin and us by screaming "C'mon Geno" over and over again.  I laughed it off at first, but after a few pints of liquid courage I told him to shut the fuck up.  Friends and other fans were able to cool us down...but man what an asshole.  No matter how hot the Canes are right now, I hope we meet them in the  playoffs...

Brinker

lol, I rarely see Carolina fans at Mellon, so I can't really comment.  They do not seem to travel very well and when watching them on tv, there seems to always be a ton of empty seats down there (during good or bad times).  Then again, it's North Carolina, not exactly a hot hockey bed in America.  Glad to hear cooler heads prevailed down there for you Brinker.  Wink

Now Flyer fans are a different story.  They love their team, but they are absolutely horrible and hard to deal with.
« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2009 at 06:50 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #5 on: Apr 08, 2009 at 07:35 »

Leave the fighting up to others on the team.  That's why they are not getting paid $8.7 million a year.

This.

I love the fact that he's willing to fight, and I know it's just Sid being Sid, but you don't need an unecessary injury. Kunitz, Cooke, etc., should be doing the retaliating.
BleedGreen710
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #6 on: Apr 08, 2009 at 07:46 »

Yeah...I hear you on having a new hated team.  Columbus actually made an appearance on my list of top hated NHL teams.  A few of my friends and I drove to Columbus for the Pens game there a few weeks back.  We drank some beers, and this douschey Jackets fan kept talking shit on Crosby, turning around and taunting me waving his Columbus flag like he was at a soccer game.  I think the score was 3-0, but I told myself that if we got back into the game, I was going to say anything and everything to absolutely demoralize the asshole.  So, we scored a goal and I started yelling at him directly.  We scored again, and I really let him have it.  I think right about then is when I told my buddy that I was going to beat him up if we won the game...(alcohol really kicking in...) We scored again, and I swear I've never let so many obscenities leave my mouth.  I told him he was going to get beat up.  So, we go into OT, no one scores.  Suddenly the asshole gets out of his seat and leaves.  He didn't even watch the shoot out. (which they won)  But overall, the Columbus fans were cool.  They even tolerated my profanity laced tirades at one of their own, and still befriended us.  But one dickhead, made my experience a little too maddening for my liking.

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: