Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 25, 2014 at 09:42 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: College  (Read 592 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Apr 07, 2009 at 23:10 »

I am a poster child for why you should not have kids when you're very, very young.  Now I'm getting ready to send the first-born to college, and we are in no way prepared for it.

Good news:  He got in to Furman, the school that he has wanted to attend his entire life.  He'll walk-on to the football team, very excited.
Bad news:  It costs $46,000.  I am a devoted alum, but no college is worth that.

He's narrowed his decision down to Furman and Cal U of PA, which will cost us about 15k even for out-of-state tuition.  Schools couldn't be more different, but they are both strong in his chosen areas of study (theater, communications studies).  It's going to be an interesting two weeks--he has until May 1 to make a decision or Furman withdraws their acceptance.

PRAY FOR US!!!  And if any of you are young enough to be fooling around with your girl in the dorm, remember this post and stop until you've made a trip to the drugstore!  Shocked :rolleyes:

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #1 on: Apr 07, 2009 at 23:48 »

We moved to Charlotte 2 years ago from G'Ville.  Lived about 1/2 mile from Furman....great campus. I will include you in my prayers...

Good luck

Brinker

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2009 at 07:16 »

We will pray for you too Preach. Tough decision.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Apr 08, 2009 at 08:00 »

There's only one way to make the big bucks in your line of work. Water it down, so everyone agrees with you and anyone can follow along. Sorta like the Dr. Phil approach. Stand in front of the crowd and offer advice that any chimp with an ounce of common sense, could figure out. Then collect your cash and send all our kids to college.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Apr 08, 2009 at 08:46 »

There's only one way to make the big bucks in your line of work. Water it down, so everyone agrees with you and anyone can follow along. Sorta like the Dr. Phil approach. Stand in front of the crowd and offer advice that any chimp with an ounce of common sense, could figure out. Then collect your cash and send all our kids to college.

Tim Allen's really lost some weight.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Apr 10, 2009 at 10:15 »

I think he's pretty much decided that it's going to be Furman.

So, let the televangelism begin...

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: