Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 24, 2014 at 19:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bring on the stinkin' Cryers  (Read 612 times)
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« on: Apr 11, 2009 at 21:08 »

From the PG...

The Penguins (45-28-9) and Flyers are tied for fourth place in the Eastern Conference.

Which team will have home-ice advantage in the opening round will be determined by the outcome of Philadelphia's game against the New York Rangers at 5 p.m. Sunday.

If the Flyers win -- or lose in overtime or a shootout -- they will have home ice against the Penguins. If not, the Penguins will get it by virtue of going 4-2 against the Flyers during the regular season.

Should Philadelphia end up with home ice, Game 1 at the Wachovia Center likely will be Thursday, because a Fleetwood Mac concert is scheduled for there Wednesday night.

The Penguins defeated Philadelphia in five games in the Eastern Conference final last spring.

Not the match up I was hoping for but if the Cryers lose tomorrow, I'll be happy with the home ice no matter who we play. Sid vs Jeff Carter for a 7 game series should be worth the price of admission alone. I hope Geno is more than a spectator this time around.
« Last Edit: Apr 11, 2009 at 21:15 by Captain Chaos » Logged

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #1 on: Apr 11, 2009 at 21:16 »

It's a shame the Rangers have nothing to play for tommorrow, I think Philly coasts and gets the 4 seed.

Not who I wanted to see in round 1, but I definitely would rather see them than Carolina.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Apr 12, 2009 at 07:46 »

While I would rather have seen NJ, we have played fairly well against the Flyers this year and if I were a Flyer fan I would not feel very comfortable going up against the Penguins in round one while having Biron as my goaltender.  I'm looking forward to watching Richards and Crosby go up against each other, they are not exactly the best of friends to put it mildly.  Eitherway, we still need to get that PP working (0-4 yesterday) if we have any chance of making a legitimate run. 

As for the game today, Tortarella does not come off as a coach who is willing to just simply show up and roll over for a game, so I'm not exactly sure what the Rangers are going to look like today.  A part of me does not think Torts wants to head into the playoffs on a losing note, while also losing the momentum gained over the last two games with victories over the Habs and Flyers.  I guess we will find out for sure at 5:00 this afternoon.

Bring on the Flyers...

Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #3 on: Apr 12, 2009 at 19:07 »

Thank you Rangers! 4th place and home ice for the first round. It couldn't have worked out any better. I watched the Cryers/Rags game today and the Cryers looked very average. Even with something to play for, they couldn't muster up anything extra to get by the Rags in their own building to boot. It was actually commical, the Philly announcers were saying that the Cryers had better forwards from the 1st line down to the 4th. I don't see the logic there, but whatever helps them sleep at night.

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: