Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 21, 2014 at 11:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Round One: Flyers vs Penguins  (Read 4713 times)
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #20 on: Apr 17, 2009 at 21:49 »

I really wanted Cooke to score when Biron went all the way out to the blue line to play the puck but I'll take Guerin's game winner just the same. Biron played that one poorly as well. It was a good test for the Pens to hang in there, get the tying goal and then win it in OT. Fleury's save on Carter was a thing of beauty. It was a better showing by the Cryers but in the end, true Cryer hockey came thru with 2 men in the box for to lose the game.

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Apr 17, 2009 at 23:35 »

Tremendous win.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Apr 18, 2009 at 05:03 »

I thought Philly played a better game this time around.  They attempted to play a clean game and did so for the most part.  Then came the second half of the third period.  The rest is history.  If they stick with the formula they used earlier in the game, it's going to be a little more difficult for the Pens in Philly.  Especially when you have almost 20,000 delusional jagoffs who feel there is a conspircay involved with this series and are screaming "kill, Kill, KILL!!!" for three straight periods.

For pure entertainment value, a member of 'The Tin Foil Club'... 

Listen you little f*ckers,

The Refs are on the Pens side, the Flyers should know that. No matter who it is, even if a Flyers touches a Penguin, it will be called. Flyers are in pure stupidity to think that they could win this game. They couldn't. I'm not a fuc*ing whiner, but honestly, Poster Boy sells. Advertising, Mercendise (Jerseys), Commercials sell. They need "Sid the Kid" and "Ugly Malkin" in the playoffs... who wants the Flyers to continue? Refs control the game. It is tough playing against 6 men on the ice at all times. Most of you don't understand that Pittsburgh needs the money to build that new arena, so they need to go on in the playoffs to sell more seats. This is all a money game. Penguins go on, they get their "Cinderella Story". I wouldn't be surprised if Bettman has money on the Pens to win, because he controls the game. All you as*holes saying it is the Flyers fault, and all the bulls*it, yah some parts are, but I guess you don't see the biasness that I see. Go ahead, disagree with me, say that I am whining about the refs and bettman, see how much I fuc*ing care.

I'm sure he also believes 9/11 was an inside job. :rolleyes:

« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2009 at 05:12 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Apr 18, 2009 at 07:24 »

It should be repeated...."Mercendise"

Go Pens

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Apr 18, 2009 at 08:53 »

So odd watching a tight playoff game and seeing penalties called. I remember back when you'd just about need to kill someone to get a penalty, in a tie game that was past the 10 minute mark of the 3rd. And then, if a penalty was called, they'd usually be looking for another to quickly even things up again.

Anyone know what the goal scoring % is league wide for 5 on 3? I don't dispute the penalties, but it kinda sucks to see a good tight game go to 5 on 3 on OT. You pretty much knew it was over after that.

So the Flyers win game #3 and drop another close on in game #4?

They had their chances.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Apr 18, 2009 at 10:11 »

I'm not sure of the percentage when teams are playing 5 on 3 around the league, but a 5 on 4 PP for this Penguin team is not a for sure thing and after watching this team all year long, a 5 on 3 PP is definately not a for sure thing.  Particularly when playing against a team who has the #1 PK in the league and led the league in SH goals.  If anything, I would rather see us have a 5 on 4 PP, we tend to shoot the puck more.  When we are playing 5 on 3, we try to get too pretty and normally shit it away.  It was nice to see our PP come through for us last night for the first time in a long time.

I can only speak for myself, but I didn't mind the game ending on that note and if the tables were turned and we were the one's who were taking dumb/lazy/blatant penalties late in the game, I would be saying the same thing.  Although I would leave out the bitching and crying over the officiating and the conspiracy theories.  I love the fact the league is willing to call penalties no matter if it's a playoff game in OT or during a regular season game in the month of October.  I'll definately take it over watching half-ass hockey players tackle Crosby, hack the ankles of Jordan Staal or hook Malkin and it go unnoticed simply because it's a playoff game and the two teams battled all game long.
« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2009 at 10:41 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Apr 18, 2009 at 10:27 »

Go Pens

You can see where the fans get it from, simply read John Stevens' post-game comments pertaining to the penalties called in OT...

"The one on Giroux is the one I would rather not see him do. There's no danger in that play. If he does that and a guy doesn't let go of his stick, there's probably no call."

WTF does this even mean exactly?  Is he saying that if Kunitz dropped his stick it would not have broken in half after being hacked in two by Giroux?  So when players are going to be slashed by a Flyer goon, they should just drop their sticks so they don't break in two?

"Mike Knuble was trying to get position in front the net," Flyers coach John Stevens said. "I don't think I've ever seen Mike Knuble make a retaliatory penalty. He was fighting for position in front of the net"

After hearing this one, I do have to wonder if Stevens is on drugs.  Fighting for position?  Orpik was standing in front of Knuble with his back towards him and he straight up cross-checked him in the back.  Knuble had no reason to cross-check him.  Once again, stupid penalty taken on Philly's part.  It has been the story of this series up to this point.

I guess Stevens forgot about the play where dopey Hartnell threw his stick at Sykora when we were coming down on a 3 on 2 and Skyora was in mid-wind up?  Or how about when Cooke took a stick to the face in front of the whole world with the blood to prove it during game one?  Both of those obvious calls went ignored.

Stevens is delusional and so are Philly fans.  Stop taking dumb penalties and you won't have to worry about killing penalties in OT.  Try it.  It works.  Look at us.  Here's another tip....the days of goon hockey are over, move on.  If you don't like it, try a new profession.  How about UFC?
« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2009 at 10:43 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: Apr 18, 2009 at 10:43 »

Go Pens

Yeah, but I guess you don't see the biasness that I see.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #28 on: Apr 18, 2009 at 11:05 »

I love the fact the league is willing to call penalties no matter if it's a playoff game in OT or during a regular season game in the month of October.

Agreed. I never really enjoyed watching guys gets slashed all the way up the ice or tackled. I wish the NBA would follow suit and start enforcing some of their rules.

It was a pretty entertaining game...what I saw of it.

What are the rules for multiple penalties now? Cannot have less than 3 players on the ice? Watching the Flyers as a kid, I can recall the box being stacked for both teams. I seem to recall a few times when there were more guys in the box, than on the ice.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #29 on: Apr 18, 2009 at 17:04 »

What are the rules for multiple penalties now? Cannot have less than 3 players on the ice?

Correct.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: