Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 19, 2014 at 21:48 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Round One: Flyers vs Penguins  (Read 5226 times)
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #50 on: Apr 23, 2009 at 15:24 »

That said, I'd rather dress Godard than Satan and move up Talbot. I don't see Satan doing much because he is soft and he sucks. At least Godard could help deal with the bullshit the Flyers are going to pull tonight. Anyways, it appears the decision has been made. Prove me wrong, Satan.

I agree 100%.  Satan is not going to make a bit of a difference against a Flyer team who is going to play some dirty hockey tonight.  I would rather see Godard, he would be more useful against this team.  I don't like the Satan move at all.

Replacing Sykora with Satan is like a doctor telling a guy, "Hey buddy, your horrible flu is gone, but now you have gonorrhea, sorry.".
« Last Edit: Apr 23, 2009 at 15:34 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #51 on: Apr 24, 2009 at 09:25 »

Giving credit where credit is due, Biron played his best game last night.  Squaring up to our shooters and zero rebounds.  I'm still not sold on him, but he played very well.

The changes did jack squat.  Pulling Sykora for Satan did absolultely nothing for our offense.  Pretty much expected by all of us who have watched Satan all year long.  Pulling Letang for Boucher was another stupid move on Bylsma's part.  In the third period, two goals were on Boucher's watch.  On the Flyers second goal, he attempted to clear the puck and failed miserably.  Carle interecepted the attempt, threw it at the net and Giroux was there to put it away.  On the Flyers third goal, Boucher failed to keep the puck in the Flyers zone, resulting in a rush the other way and Knuble put it away.  I'm not exactly sure what Bylsma's beef is when it comes to Letang, but it cost this team last night.

In my opinion, Bylsma is being outcoached and making some very stupid roster decisions.  Making two important roster changes while we were up 3 games to 1 was not a smart move in my opinion.  It wreaked of desperation and the Flyers actually welcomed the change.  When it comes to Bylsma being outcoached, the Flyers are playing the trap and completely taking out our forecheck.  They are keeping us to the perimeter, pressuring us in the neutral zone and capitalizing on our turnovers.  It's up to Bylsma to break that trap and find a way for this team to generate some offense.  At this point, we are playing right into the Flyers hands.  Some are ready to crown this guy as the second coming of Scotty Bowman, I'll continue to take the wait and see approach.
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2009 at 09:42 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #52 on: Apr 24, 2009 at 20:04 »

Lines at practice today...

Chris Kunitz - Sidney Crosby - Bill Guerin

Max Talbot - Evgeni Malkin - Ruslan Fedotenko

Tyler Kennedy - Jordan Staal - Matt Cooke

Pascal Dupuis - Craig Adams - Eric Godard

Also, Letang was back with Eaton today. 
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #53 on: Apr 25, 2009 at 00:09 »

Boucher should not be near the ice for the rest of the series.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #54 on: Apr 25, 2009 at 10:45 »

Sure as hell, STL NBC will bounce the game to some horseshit non-HD channel, so the Cards can be broadcast.

Fuck baseball.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #55 on: Apr 25, 2009 at 12:03 »

Boucher should not be near the ice for the rest of the series.

After his performance in the third period, I can't see how Bylsma could put him back in there. 

Then again, after reading this quote from Bylsma in the Trib this morning, "Philippe Boucher is capable, and he did a good job going in there.", I'm not exactly sure what to expect from Bylsma today. 
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #56 on: Apr 25, 2009 at 16:05 »

I thought it was looking pretty good for a game 7, when the Flyers went up 3-0.

Good thing there aren't bonus points for pucks being knocked out of midair and into the net. This game would be over.

Next goal wins?
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #57 on: Apr 25, 2009 at 16:55 »

Good night Philly!!!  Grin

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #58 on: Apr 25, 2009 at 16:59 »

Next goal wins?

Next 2 goals, in fact.

We can't get the Rangers next around, but I think we can play Boston, NJ, Car or Was depending on results.  I want, in order:

1.  NJ.  I just think they don't have the horses to run with us.

2.  Bos.  Not convinced by Thomas or the other guy they have, Fernandez, right?

3.  Was.  More fire power than Bos, but Simeon Varlamov?  Please.

4.  Car.  Good goaltending, good special teams, until the last 2 weeks looked the class of the east and still might be.  

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #59 on: Apr 25, 2009 at 16:59 »

So Glad Sid shut those fuckin fans up!!!

Great Comeback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go PENS!!

Brinker

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: