Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 20, 2014 at 19:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2009 Schedule  (Read 1994 times)
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« on: Apr 14, 2009 at 18:19 »

« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2009 at 18:29 by Brinker » Logged

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #1 on: Apr 14, 2009 at 18:35 »

Hey the bye week's not in week two this year so that's a plus.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Apr 14, 2009 at 18:51 »

Steelers sleepwalked through much of their 2008 meeting with the Titans in Tennessee.  Titans will come out to prove they were the better team last year, play it close for a half, before Pitt blows it open.  27-17 Steelers.

Chicago will be much improved this year, but many of those improvements won't take hold until later in the year.  Steelers D > Cutler bump; nuff said.  24-16 Steelers.

Bengals have a lot of work to do.  Three games in, they still look like a fucking mess to me.  34-10 Steelers.

Chargers could bounce back in a big way this year.  Played us close in the regular season last year, get us at home, hungry for the payback, I smell a road loss.  28-21 Chargers.

You've got to be fucking kidding me.  38-21 Steelers.

Still trying to figure out which team is the bigger mess in '09, Bengals or Browns.  Right now, looks like Browns.  42-17 Steelers.

<  Re.  Buil.  Ding.  42-10 Steelers.

Marv?  You're about to get fired.  Because of this game.  Book it!  53-3  Steelers.

Another rebuilding team, though they may be better than people expect.  24-6 Steelers.

The Steelers O is potentially on the upswing, its D on the aging curve; same with the Ravens.  The fucking Rats won't let us sweep them twice.  23-13 Ravens.

Tragically, Al Davis dies just before this game.  Heroically, his players rally for this game.  Still, the Raiders lose this game.  20-10 Steelers.

Eric Mangini wishes he was still that guy on Kings of Queens.  Sorry, fat fucktard, you ain't.  28-14 Steelers.

Packers will be better this year, it's a question of how much.  Not enough, say I.  17-14 Steelers.

The unthinkable.  A sweep of the Steelers by the Ravens?  I dunno, seems karma swings back and forth with these teams.  13-10 Ravens.

Dolphins have the Parcells mojo, but is it an upward trend or a one-year wonder?  Fins ain't sneaking up this year.  17-10 Steelers.

I believe that's a 13-3 record.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jcharding
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #3 on: Apr 14, 2009 at 18:52 »

A bit of a donut - tougher at the beginning and end, a bit easier through the middle.

I don't need no stinking avatar!
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #4 on: Apr 14, 2009 at 19:32 »

Steelers sleepwalked through much of their 2008 meeting with the Titans in Tennessee.  Titans will come out to prove they were the better team last year, play it close for a half, before Pitt blows it open.  27-17 Steelers.
I have a feeling we come out throwing the ball and take an early lead...and in the 2nd half we blow it wide open. 31-10 Steelers

Chicago will be much improved this year, but many of those improvements won't take hold until later in the year.  Steelers D > Cutler bump; nuff said.  24-16 Steelers.
Cutler is a little bitch...Steelers D gets 2 TDs - 27-13 Steelers

Bengals have a lot of work to do.  Three games in, they still look like a fucking mess to me.  34-10 Steelers.
I love beating on Ben's Gals--easy win 30-6 Steelers

Chargers could bounce back in a big way this year.  Played us close in the regular season last year, get us at home, hungry for the payback, I smell a road loss.  28-21 Chargers.
No way we lose at home to Tater Tot - 3 picks and 6 sacks 23-13 Steelers

You've got to be fucking kidding me.  38-21 Steelers.
See above 47-17 Steelers

Still trying to figure out which team is the bigger mess in '09, Bengals or Browns.  Right now, looks like Browns.  42-17 Steelers.
Upset alert Beardy Quinn finds a way late to pull the upset 23-20 Browns

Defensive gruntfest.  Too bad Minnie has no QB worth a shit.  17-10 Steelers.
One fugly game. Minny D is stout.  AP breaks a long run late 13-10 Vikes<  Re.  Buil.  Ding.  42-10 Steelers.
Team had a buy week to stew over two straight losses...I almost feel bad for Denver 34-16 Steelers

Marv?  You're about to get fired.  Because of this game.  Book it!  53-3  Steelers.
I once again agree , bye bye Marvin 41-13 Steelers

Another rebuilding team, though they may be better than people expect.  24-6 Steelers.
Matt Cassel, c'mon now, we see what he did last year against us.  27-10 Steelers

The Steelers O is potentially on the upswing, its D on the aging curve; same with the Ravens.  The fucking Rats won't let us sweep them twice.  23-13 Ravens.
Ratbirds get some revenge in a brutal game...ouch!  17-13 Ravens

Tragically, Al Davis dies just before this game.  Heroically, his players rally for this game.  Still, the Raiders lose this game.  20-10 Steelers.
This gets ugly early, 4 ints, 8 sacks 1 def TD.  Al Davis considers selling team after this game 37-9

Eric Mangini wishes he was still that guy on Kings of Queens.  Sorry, fat fucktard, you ain't.  28-14 Steelers.
Mangenius my ass. Someone hears the Silverback saying 'I'm gonna get medieval on yo' ass" before the game 20-0 Steelers

Packers will be better this year, it's a question of how much.  Not enough, say I.  17-14 Steelers.
We fight hard to beat ourselves and succeed while Rogers looks like Favre 23-13 Packers

The unthinkable.  A sweep of the Steelers by the Ravens?  I dunno, seems karma swings back and forth with these teams.  13-10 Ravens.
Back to basics, smashmouth football, Ray Lewis gets concussed by the Bowling ball 20-10 Steelers

Dolphins have the Parcells mojo, but is it an upward trend or a one-year wonder?  Fins ain't sneaking up this year.  17-10 Steelers.
Pennington...just not mobile enough. 24-20 Steelers

I believe that's a 13-3 record.
About the Same---12-4

Brinker
« Last Edit: Apr 15, 2009 at 07:50 by Brinker » Logged

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Apr 14, 2009 at 20:11 »

That schedule seems like a cake walk after the meat-grinder of the '08 season.  6-1 is pretty realistic before the bye, and 7-0 certainly isn't out of the question.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #6 on: Apr 14, 2009 at 20:39 »

13-3 and swept by the Ratbirds!?  Hell, it could happen.

I have a feeling it won't be as easy as it looks.
« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2009 at 22:19 by jonzr » Logged

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Apr 14, 2009 at 22:15 »

Steelers win every game 64-0!!!!

Book it--we'll be 19-0 next year!!!

Unless we lose one, that is...

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Apr 14, 2009 at 22:49 »

Wow, it is hard to find losses in that schedule.  Agree with Balty, but maybe not both, esp if division is on the line in week 16 at home.  Tennessee maybe just because it's the opener?  I think our run D is good enough to stop Minny.  SD?  At home I think we pull it out.  Maybe week 17 at Miami if they have something to play for and we don't.

I don't have a problem with 13-3 prediction.  2 legit losses, and we'll stub our toe once.

BTW Brinker, you've got 12-4.  Losses to Cleveland, Minny, Balty, and Green Bay.  I hope that's not the case because a 4-2 division record + split with Balty might equal wild card.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Apr 14, 2009 at 22:53 »

I want to see this team go 19-0 and do what the friggin' Patsies couldn't.
That's all I want.
Is that too much to ask??  dontknow

:51[1]:

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: