Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 26, 2014 at 04:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steelers release RB Gary Russell  (Read 2692 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Apr 17, 2009 at 12:41 »

Russell gets singed by teh Cards in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Apr 17, 2009 at 18:26 »

PFT reporting the Bungles singed Russell.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/17/bengals-claim-russell-off-waivers/

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Apr 17, 2009 at 19:44 »

Probably not bad for Russell.  Would never have gotten significant playing time behind FWP and Mendenhall.  Got some XP, got his name out there, got a ring.  Now he can try to find a regular gig.

That is, would not have been bad if it werent't the Bungles that claimed him.  Welcome to RB hell.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Apr 18, 2009 at 03:55 »

It's official, he is a Bengal...

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/bengals-claim-russell-jeanty-signs/ff55d0fa-2d82-4807-ac03-3e7200eb4415

Take it fwiw, but I heard that Madden stated there are reports coming out that the coaches were not happy with what Russell was doing during involuntary workouts.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Apr 18, 2009 at 07:19 »

Can't recall where I read it but the Steelers allegedly are very interested in RB/FB Summers/UNLV.  Love his short yardage game as much as his ability to catch out of the backfield.

Summers could make Carey Davis a roster casualty.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Apr 18, 2009 at 10:29 »

But, but, but...who's gonna return KOs?

BANG!!!!!!!!

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Apr 20, 2009 at 07:32 »

Can't recall where I read it but the Steelers allegedly are very interested in RB/FB Summers/UNLV.  Love his short yardage game as much as his ability to catch out of the backfield.

You know, we unloaded Dan Kreider because Davis could block, carry the ball more, and catch much better out of the backfield.  I have yet to see it.

Now, we might unload Davis for a guy who can block, carry the ball more, and catch out of the backfield. 

I will take the same approach to this that many of us took with Heath Miller and were going to "start throwing to the TE."  I'll believe it when I actually see it.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Apr 20, 2009 at 11:18 »

You know, we unloaded Dan Kreider because Davis could block, carry the ball more, and catch much better out of the backfield.  I have yet to see it.

Now, we might unload Davis for a guy who can block, carry the ball more, and catch out of the backfield. 

I will take the same approach to this that many of us took with Heath Miller and were going to "start throwing to the TE."  I'll believe it when I actually see it.

He's going to revolutionize the position.

PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Apr 20, 2009 at 17:27 »

Kevin Colbert, the Steelers' director of football operations, said RB Gary Russell was released last week to make room under the salary cap to re-sign backup QB Charlie Batch.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09110/964185-66.stm
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Apr 22, 2009 at 09:13 »

Not surprisingly.

The previous day, it was reported that the cutting of Gary Russell was responsible for signing Batch. Russell was instead cut because Columbus, Ohio, authorities raided a house where Russell was staying with a friend and a sizable amount of marijuana was seized.  This story was confirmed by a source with the Steelers, who added that Coach Mike Tomlin acted immediately upon hearing the news.

Difference between being a starter and SB MVP vs. the #4 RB at the deepest position on the team.

Shoulda known when the Ben-Gals swooped in and singed him.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: