Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 02, 2014 at 20:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mocks by CBS  (Read 825 times)
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« on: Apr 19, 2009 at 22:13 »

5 "experts" have us picking
Nicks
Mack
Gilbert
Unger
Unger
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock

I still the pick needs to be Mack in the first...

Brinker

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Apr 20, 2009 at 07:35 »

Who in the hell is Rob Rang, and what has he been smokin' to think we're going to take Hakeem Nicks???

I'm hearing a lot of love for Woods from Louisville.  I can live with that--just draft oline.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Apr 20, 2009 at 09:30 »

Who in the hell is Rob Rang, and what has he been smokin' to think we're going to take Hakeem Nicks???

I'm hearing a lot of love for Woods from Louisville.  I can live with that--just draft oline.

Rang writes for NFLDS, whose ratings are very solid.  I don't agree we will go WR, but there is some train of thought that Ward's age, plus the departure of Washington, might put WR back at the top of our list. 

IMO, the two most likely targets are the centers, Mack and Wood.  Seems that there is some very good OT talent, but it's likely gone top 10 or 15; the guards are an uneven group, with no dominant player at the top; and the centers have two clear talents, plus some decent depth.  Getting one of the best centers, who can play guard, too, will be a solid choice. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #3 on: Apr 20, 2009 at 11:34 »

Just posted on the Steelers board about my desire to see the Steelers get Nicks if possible. He's a freaking stud. I watched single-handedly nearly beat the Mountaineers last year in a multiword bowl game and have heard that performance is par for the course.

Just one example of Nicks' abilities:
Hakeem Nicks Greatest Catch of the Year?
« Last Edit: Apr 20, 2009 at 11:37 by Joetorious » Logged

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Apr 20, 2009 at 11:36 »

I wouldn't be the least bit upset if this weekend ended up being very "boring."  Honestly, hoping for it.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #5 on: Apr 20, 2009 at 11:51 »

I just heard that the draft does not start until 4 PM.  I forgot they moved it to later in the day last year...

As far as Nicks...yeah he is a stud, but we have other needs right now.  So yes I too am hoping for a long boring first day. Second day --swing for the fences.

Brinker

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Apr 23, 2009 at 08:03 »

Hearing rumors on espn and Charlotte radio stations that Nicks has gained a bunch of weight in the last few weeks and isn't working out hard.  If there's any hint of truth to that, then I don't want any part of that.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
KeystoneKC
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Apr 23, 2009 at 14:48 »

Hearing rumors on espn and Charlotte radio stations that Nicks has gained a bunch of weight in the last few weeks and isn't working out hard.  If there's any hint of truth to that, then I don't want any part of that.

I seem to recall Sirius NFL Radio interviewing him over the last couple days.  He said that he strained a hammy, & wasn't able to run.  It sounded like all he's been doing was lifting & eating.  Dunno that I'd be too concerned about the hamstring, but I wasn't overly impressed by the interview.  He seemed to have a "the world owes me" attitude.  If I didn't know any better, I'da thought he went to "Da U". (hides from LC)

Cleveland:  The only NFL city to never play in, or host, a Superbowl.  That bears repeating.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: