Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 28, 2014 at 17:11 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 16 - Dec 27 - Baltimore  (Read 5422 times)
Burton

« Reply #50 on: Dec 27, 2009 at 15:05 »

Holy shit, I think our defense may have just won us a game.  Holy fucking shit, isn't that quaint. 

P4P: 2:26AM. Drunk as hall. Blurd vission. Nobody to bithc to. Fuick!!

Shine on you crazy diamond, shine on.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #51 on: Dec 27, 2009 at 15:06 »

Yes, big defensive stand there.  But why, oh why, on 4th and 10 with about 2:38 left in the game do you call a friggin timeout?  I just don't get that.

Oh fuck.  Another horrific INT.  Jesus.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #52 on: Dec 27, 2009 at 15:07 »

HA!  LMFAO!!!!!

Yeah Dick Ebersol, whine whine whine.  Ya live in Baltimore?

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #53 on: Dec 27, 2009 at 15:11 »

No shock to see the entire B-more sideline bitching and moaning about an extremely blatant penalty.  Walker could have been flagged on 3 different occasions for illegal contact on that play.

Quite a classy organization you're running there, Harbaugh.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
Pain

« Reply #54 on: Dec 27, 2009 at 15:13 »

In true Holiday fashion, the Ratties gave us a lot of gifts in the shape of penalties and opportunities. Luckily for us we accepted their gracious offerings. On to the club the 'Phins.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #55 on: Dec 27, 2009 at 15:22 »

Wow that was close.  Got to credit D with 4th quarter stand for all the crap they've gotten (well deserved) all year.  Agree with jonzr, that timeout was bizzarre.  Even if you think they are going to kick it you have plenty of time at 2 minutes with 3 timeouts.  But stopping clock there made you need a first down.

Ben - great job getting away from pressure, but can't throw that INT.  Get what you can on the ground, keep the clock moving.  Got real lucky there.

And safeties, LBs, and now defensive tackles have more INTs than our CBs
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #56 on: Dec 27, 2009 at 15:32 »

Ben - great job getting away from pressure, but can't throw that INT.  Get what you can on the ground, keep the clock moving.  Got real lucky there.

I'm telling ya, that was the biggest gift.

It's unreal.  At least the CBs have a few sacks.

On another note, Ziggy continues to look like a player.  Any doubt he'll be starting next season?

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #57 on: Dec 27, 2009 at 16:17 »

Correction:  apparently that last play by Ziggy was ruled a fumble not a pass.  So DTs still shut out in INT department.

At least Ike got a fumble recovery.

RUn D was spotty today but if they've gone 32 games without giving up a 100 yard rusher hopefully it's an anomaly.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #58 on: Dec 27, 2009 at 16:58 »

I'm not a defensive guru or anything, but I kind of got the feeling we were giving up the run to try to prevent our porous pass defense from completely collapsing.

Or am I wrong,  and the run defense just sucked?

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #59 on: Dec 27, 2009 at 17:59 »

Jonzr, Ziggy's coming along, but he has a ways to go before I consider him on par with Keisel, much less Aaron.  He's showing some good stuff, here and there, but I want a 3-4 DE to have a very stout mindset and run D; he's a work in progress.

Lambert, Timmons was absolute shit in run D much of the game.  It got to the point that I was thinking how decent Carter was in that department and wondered if he shouldn't just be a backup ILB.  Seriously.  Guy's a turd in pass cover, but a decent tackler versus the run.  Timmons gets to the point quickly, but can't contain.

Arians, like a DICK, abandoned the run again.  The run, even though RM fumbled, would have eaten clock, would have worn down the Ravens D, and would have lessened BBR's exposure to picks.  On the bright, after the pick for a TD-not a TD because the Ratties can't stop getting penalties, Ben was talking to a coach on the bench after the play.  Tomlin?  No.  Anderson?  Arians?  Nope.  The guy I still say will be our OC next year: WR coach Randy Fichtner.  A Tomlin guy; OC experience at the NCAA level; apparently well liked in the org; young and smart; downside: ran a lot of spread, and might not have any more commitment to the run than Bruce Assians; still, an interesting "tell" IMO that Fichtner was the guy with Ben's ear.  I'm laying early odds on Fichtner as OC.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: