Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 23, 2014 at 16:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 15 - Dec 20 - Green Bay  (Read 5620 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #80 on: Dec 20, 2009 at 20:10 »

Unbelievable game, only made survivable for me by the freshly filled vicodin script.  

I agree with msdmnr and Tomlin re: the onside kick.  What, exactly, had the defense done to suggest they could prevent the Packers from going 99 yards if necessary?  As someone else noted, though, there is a problem with personnel when Ike Taylor is on your hands team.  Unless... hang on... I got it!  That was part of the fake!  Brilliant!  

Next week means something, if only from a spoiler perspective.  And really the only stat that matters is that the Steelers are undefeated when I attend a game at Heinz Field.  Look for the "Cut Bruce Loose" sign on TV.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #81 on: Dec 20, 2009 at 23:03 »

Couple of notes on the game.

Ben's 503 yards is the 10th most in league history, and 8th most since the merger. It is the new Steeler record, besting TommyGun's 473 in the '02 ATL tie. It is the first 500 yard passing performance in a win since Boomer Esiason in '96. Ben joins Warren Moon, and Y.A. Tittle as the only QB's to have ever thrown for 500+ yards without an INT.

Heat set the team record for receptions for a TE in a season, erasing Eric Green from the Steeler record book.

This was the 1st 37-36 final score in NFL history.

Greg Warren tore his knee ligaments on the final EP attempt, and is out for the season.

The defense has major issues, but nice to see Ben have a huge day and pull out an incredible game winning drive. Kinda weird how the Steelers first offense play was a TD to Wallace, and their last play was also a TD to Wallace(his only catches of the day).
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #82 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 01:34 »

As someone else noted, though, there is a problem with personnel when Ike Taylor is on your hands team.

Watching replays of that just irritated me more.  Ike was the outside guy.  Had he stayed in his lane, the ball would have come right to him 11 or 12 yards downfield.  And it was perfectly blocked; Matthews was in the area but I don't think he'd have gotten there.  Instead, he jumps inside when he sees the ball actually coming his way, ignoring the huge white line that indicates where he has to be before he touches it.

Ike jumped that ball like a teenager going after his first lay.  dude needs a Dr. Pepper - slower is better...trust me, I'm a doctor.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #83 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 13:03 »

Ike jumped that ball like a teenager going after his first lay.  dude needs a Dr. Pepper - slower is better...trust me, I'm a doctor.

He'd been saving up for that one by not making a play on the ball all season long.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #84 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 13:37 »

I've got a brazilian things I'd like to harp on from yesterday's game (one of the main ones being why my coverage ended so abruptly with 3:00 and change left...), but for all the bitching about Pittsburgh's defense, the Steelers managed to put up almost six hundred yards against one of the top rated defenses in the league too.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #85 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 14:39 »

I've got a brazilian things I'd like to harp on from yesterday's game (one of the main ones being why my coverage ended so abruptly with 3:00 and change left...), but for all the bitching about Pittsburgh's defense, the Steelers managed to put up almost six hundred yards against one of the top rated defenses in the league too.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

Which makes you wonder what we coulda shoulda woulda been doing all year long withour heads not up our asses (Cleveland).

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #86 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 15:24 »

This was the 1st 37-36 final score in NFL history.

After the 11-10 game last season no less.  The Steelers are assaulting the record book of weird NFL scores.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #87 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 15:51 »

The only thing better than this win would be the emergence of jburghfan from his parents' basement to post again....

And jar to re-up for FFL next year.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #88 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 16:15 »

TD Raiders. 35 seconds left. Come on D. Fucking do something.

Quote from: Yahoo
NOTES: <

Now that's funny.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #89 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 17:26 »

Apparently, Berger's gotten better since last year...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: 1 ... 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: