Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 17, 2014 at 11:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 14 - Dec 10 @ Cleveland  (Read 8466 times)
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #170 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 22:38 »

Obviously this team will win again.  Whether it occurs this season is certainly in doubt.

I am frustrated that there has been no sense of awareness or urgency during the losses to KC, Oak and Clevelend (Cleveland?  Yes, Cleveland). 

What else can be done?  Tomlin has no credibility.  He's a great speaker but hasn't the guts to back it up.  Maybe those guts come with age and experience.

There is so much wrong with this team, I don't know where to dump the majority of the blame.  BA is an easy target; low hangin' fruit.  But Lebeau hasn't had his group connected or corrected for weeks now.  And if it all goes through Polamalu, then Lebeau ain't that good.  Not that I believe that, but I also don't believe that all of the defenses' problems arise from Pola's absence.  But Lebeau does deserve some of the blame.  History aside, his group has sucked, surprisingly so.

It looks often like Ben could hit Heat or Mendy as they break out from protection.  But Ben often is looking down field to Holmes or Ward.

The OL was shit tonight.  I don't think Ben or BA helped but the OL sucked.

Tomlin's changes were shit.  Rotated Burnett in.  Where was Keenan Lewis?  I didn't see Mundy much.  Hood was in but Keisel went out with an injury so that may be more necessity.

Just an awful season by Tomlin.  I put it all on him.  I can already hear his post-game...."First we want to tip our hats to the Cleveland Browns.  They played a heck of a game.  To our business, we didn't execute tonight.  As professionals....blah, blah, blah"

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #171 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 22:39 »

This is worse than 2002 opening with high hopes after '01, then getting our asses handed to us in the first two games.  Was completely crushed after that.  This is so much worse.

I hear you, man. One reason why this feels worse is that, to me, it makes our Super Bowl win last year seem like a lucky fluke.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #172 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 22:42 »

Obviously not the biggest concern at this time, but is Ben starting to look like Rosie O'Donnell back in the pocket?

Dude has no line, but he's goin' Oliver Miller on us and needs to start posting on the MGS Weight Loss thread.
bamf16
Old School Member

« Reply #173 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 22:42 »

We also extended A. Smith, and, I think, Keisel, right?

Keisel, by the way, sucks complete ass.

Disagree on Keisel...I think you're way off on that one...my $.02 worth.

No one wants to hear about the labor pains, they just want to see the baby.
--Lou Brock
Manimal

« Reply #174 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 22:43 »

Has any defending champion ever looked this bad the following year?

Has any defending champ ever lost to a team anywhere near as bad as the 2009 Cleveland Browns the following year?

I don't think I have to research this one.
Manimal

« Reply #175 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 22:44 »

We also extended A. Smith, and, I think, Keisel, right?

Keisel, by the way, sucks complete ass.

Disagree on Keisel...I think you're way off on that one...my $.02 worth.

Ok, i'm being too hard on him, granted. I think every Steeler sucks right now.
bamf16
Old School Member

« Reply #176 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 22:46 »

Obviously this team will win again.  Whether it occurs this season is certainly in doubt.

I am frustrated that there has been no sense of awareness or urgency during the losses to KC, Oak and Clevelend (Cleveland?  Yes, Cleveland). 

What else can be done?  Tomlin has no credibility.  He's a great speaker but hasn't the guts to back it up.  Maybe those guts come with age and experience.

There is so much wrong with this team, I don't know where to dump the majority of the blame.  BA is an easy target; low hangin' fruit.  But Lebeau hasn't had his group connected or corrected for weeks now.  And if it all goes through Polamalu, then Lebeau ain't that good.  Not that I believe that, but I also don't believe that all of the defenses' problems arise from Pola's absence.  But Lebeau does deserve some of the blame.  History aside, his group has sucked, surprisingly so.

It looks often like Ben could hit Heat or Mendy as they break out from protection.  But Ben often is looking down field to Holmes or Ward.

The OL was shit tonight.  I don't think Ben or BA helped but the OL sucked.

Tomlin's changes were shit.  Rotated Burnett in.  Where was Keenan Lewis?  I didn't see Mundy much.  Hood was in but Keisel went out with an injury so that may be more necessity.

Just an awful season by Tomlin.  I put it all on him.  I can already hear his post-game...."First we want to tip our hats to the Cleveland Browns.  They played a heck of a game.  To our business, we didn't execute tonight.  As professionals....blah, blah, blah"

Keenan Lewis was deactivated.

Ryan Mundy was probably benched after ditching his lane responsibility on the long punt return by Cribbs.  This, the same Ryan Mundy who ditched his lane responsibility on the opening kickoff in Kansas City.

No one wants to hear about the labor pains, they just want to see the baby.
--Lou Brock
Manimal

« Reply #177 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 22:50 »

The offense is the problem right now. The defense played well enough to win this game, but our offense did jack shit, obviously, against a one-win team.
Manimal

« Reply #178 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 22:51 »

Release Willie Parker right now and get a RB off the street. He's not contributing and he need another runner.
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #179 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 22:52 »

5 straight kids 5 straight.  I am sick over this season.  I have missed watching maybe 2 games in the last 15 years.  This is by far the most disapointed I have ever been.  This is a talented team, but you cannot just show up and expect to win, especially when you have a target on your back...i.e. "let's beat the SB champs".  Major overall is needed, at least mentally.  Need some leadership that Ben or Tomlin cannot provide.  Time for another beer, thankfully I took the day off tomorrow.

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Pages: 1 ... 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: