Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 19, 2014 at 12:51 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 14 - Dec 10 @ Cleveland  (Read 8485 times)
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Dec 08, 2009 at 17:49 »

If we lose in Cleveland, I concur that Troy should sit the rest of the season. Until we are out, if Troy can play (in 10 days, of course), he should play.

Agreed.  If he can play I would play him.  Got all offseason to heal up.

So, out of the 6+ teams in the race for the last wildcard, the Steelers have to beat all of them by atleast one game.  So if we win out, which just seems impossible at this point, all other temas in the hunt have to go 3-1 or worse. 

Not as bad as that.  I'm a long way from saying we're in, but IF we run the table (large if) we eliminate Balty and Miami, assuming NE doesn't continue to shit the bed as well.  That leaves us needing 1 Jets loss, 2 Jax losses, and 2 Broncos losses - 2 of those three anyway.  Actually Jets have 5 conference losses as well (not worried about them - don't think they're running table).

Anyway, I'm not looking at playoff scenarios seriously until we get to 9-6.

I cannot believe with the way the AFC is this year we aren't in the drivers' seat for a playoff spot.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Dec 09, 2009 at 15:54 »

Palko release, Tyler Grisham promoted from the PS

I have no idea how he'll convey to the pros but Grisham was sure-handed at Clemson.  Not fast, not big but was great out of the slot and across the middle

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Dec 09, 2009 at 16:00 »

Palko release, Tyler Grisham promoted from the PS

I have no idea how he'll convey to the pros but Grisham was sure-handed at Clemson.  Not fast, not big but was great out of the slot and across the middle

Surprised we didn't kick the tires on Jordan Norwood, just released by the Iggles.  Thought he was decent at PSU.

Not a huge surprise: with 86 out, we have 10... and a rookie starting at flanker... and... Limas Sweed...

Good news: Hines practiced and may play some or all of Thursday.  Good thing, too.  Was ready to call that bitch a fuckin' pussy.

Don't think Grisham will stay up on the 53MR long, but IIRC he did have a nice camp.

Why release Palko?  Not that I think he's all that, but why not IR Batch?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Dec 09, 2009 at 16:15 »

Why release Palko?  Not that I think he's all that, but why not IR Batch?

Just reaching here, but maybe there are cap implications?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Dec 09, 2009 at 16:41 »

Why release Palko?  Not that I think he's all that, but why not IR Batch?

This is where I think Tomlin made a huge mistake...not IR'ing Batch after the KC game.

Dixon played well against Baltimore and a vet wouldn't have caught onto the offense against Balty.

But we were right in the thick of the playoff race against Baltimore and Oakland.  Why not IR Batch after the KC game (considering that Rothelisberger was also out with a concussion)?  Yeah, he knows the offense but does anyone really expect him to stay healthy should he need to go in again?

I fully expected to have Dixon as the #2 and a vet as the #3 for the rest of the year.  What the hell was Palko going to do?

When we went to OT against Baltimore, I knew Dixon was in no position to lead the team to a win.  I hoped for the D to get a TO in FG range.
Agree re: Grisham...obviously would rather Ward be available.  I figured they would bring McDonald back.
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2009 at 17:16 by SCacalaki » Logged

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Steelerdipwad
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 07:46 »

We need a toga party...

"Fanatics are picturesque. Mankind would rather see gestures than listen to reason." - Friederich Nietzsche
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 08:16 »

Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor?  Who's with me?  TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 10:04 »

When was the last time the Steelers played the Stains, and we were all wondering if they were gonna win? If they lose to the Browns the collapse will be complete, and they won't deserve to go to the post season. However, if they can manage to pull it back together and win these next 4 very winnable games, it's actually pretty likely they will squeeze in. They would need the Jets and Jags to each drop a game( or the Broncos to drop 2).

They MUST come out scoring TD's. And for fucks sake, please don't let Cribbs take one back.......again. Steelers 27-13
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2009 at 11:12 by steelerfaninCO » Logged

KTBFFH
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #28 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 10:12 »

They MUST come out scoring TD's. And for fucks sake, please don't Cribbs take one back.......again. Steelers 27-13

For the Brazilianeth time, why can't they just find a kicker that has the leg to put it through the EZ?  Or, at least deep into it?  There's gotta be somebody out there that can manage to kick a MF'in football 70+.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
JHSilverback
N00b

« Reply #29 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 11:01 »

Good point AJ...his kicks for the most part have been short...and when he does finally nail a deep one, it's a low line drive and he outkicks the coverage...I don't even want to get in to his horrible attempted tackles that might have saved two games this season...I know people will say he is a kicker and is not supposed to make tackles; however, if he even would have allowed himself to get run over it would have helped the kick team make a play...I don't think we will see JR in the Black and Gold beyond this year.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: