Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 19, 2014 at 14:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 14 - Dec 10 @ Cleveland  (Read 9445 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #10 on: Dec 07, 2009 at 18:33 »

Here's the other dreadful thing: if we lose to Cleveland, how will we be capable of beating anyone the rest of the year? Can it be possible that we'll finish the season with eight straight losses, or are we bound to get a bounce or two at some point?

It won't take a loss to CLE to get me questioning that.  Reeling off 4 in a row against the likes of KC and OAK is enough for me.  I am actively questioning their heart and their ability to beat any team.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Dec 07, 2009 at 18:55 »

Here's the other dreadful thing: if we lose to Cleveland, how will we be capable of beating anyone the rest of the year? Can it be possible that we'll finish the season with eight straight losses, or are we bound to get a bounce or two at some point?

It won't take a loss to CLE to get me questioning that.  Reeling off 4 in a row against the likes of KC and OAK is enough for me.  I am actively questioning their heart and their ability to beat any team.

But losing to Cleveland... and letting Cleveland in it late in the first matchup, and letting Detroit hang around... it just makes it all soooooo fucking special.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Dec 07, 2009 at 20:02 »

Can't say I feel good about Burnett or Lewis, though if Joe Cool gets torched this game, "BURN"ett will be up there with Burnt Alexander and Charred Scott.

Burnett caught how many INTs in college and can't come up with an early Xmas present yesterday?  Sheesh.

I think I've heard some here say that Keenan Lewis has similar size and skill set to a well-performing Ike Taylor (or so is the projection/expectation for the future).  I hope so.

Some speculation that Mundy starts over Clark.  I think that's a mistake.  Hopefully it is at the expense of Ty Carter, though I don't think Mundy is anything speciali outside of the extra LB in the nickel.

I do understand the concept "how much worse can it get?"  Would have liked to get Burnett or Lewis in more package situations this season to feel comfortable with their entrance to significant playing time.

It's gonna be disappointing this Thurs. IMO.  Steelers chance to win is by way of a shitload of offense.  Can't settle for a FG if Logan returns it 80 yards.  Can't turn it over in the RZ/EZ.  Can't fumble it on teams.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Dec 07, 2009 at 22:25 »

The reality is the way we've been playing in the 4th quarter, no lead is safe.

Don't know how long troy is out; I know he's gone for this one.  But if he comes back, I think our team will find their heart for the last 3 games.

But before that - and I can't believe I have to say this - we have to figure out a way to sneak out with a win against Cleveland.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Dec 07, 2009 at 22:28 »

Don't know how long troy is out; I know he's gone for this one.  But if he comes back, I think our team will find their heart for the last 3 games.

Is there really even a reason to bring him back this season?  Why risk further injury when there's nothing left to play for?  I say IR and have him back at full strength next season.  This team obviously cannot afford that knee to be a lingering problem.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Dec 08, 2009 at 09:49 »

Is there really even a reason to bring him back this season?  Why risk further injury when there's nothing left to play for?  I say IR and have him back at full strength next season.  This team obviously cannot afford that knee to be a lingering problem.

Only reason to bring him back is if we are still in it. The Ratbirds lost last night, and other teams don't have the most fortunate schedules. If we run the table (would include beating Miami, knocking them out), we can still (theoretically) make the playoffs.

If we lose in Cleveland, I concur that Troy should sit the rest of the season. Until we are out, if Troy can play (in 10 days, of course), he should play.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Dec 08, 2009 at 10:13 »

Is there really even a reason to bring him back this season? 

The season's over?  Oh wait, it never ended.  When did it start?

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Dec 08, 2009 at 11:25 »

One or possibly both rookie corners to start (Burnett for Gay, Lewis possibly for Ike), Ward is likely out (another rookie, Wallace, getting the start), a 4-game losing stretch including the Chiefs and the Raiders, and we're still giving 10?

I mean, I know the Browns suck.  But we haven't played a good game since Denver.
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2009 at 11:34 by Finnegans Wake » Logged

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Dec 08, 2009 at 11:43 »

Steelers are potentially in it, but obviously need a lot of breaks.  I can't believe we have 5 AFC losses.  That is unbelievable.

So, out of the 6+ teams in the race for the last wildcard, the Steelers have to beat all of them by atleast one game.  So if we win out, which just seems impossible at this point, all other temas in the hunt have to go 3-1 or worse. 

Even looking at this optimistically, doesn't look good.  I was ready for Steeler playoff football at 6-2.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #19 on: Dec 08, 2009 at 11:46 »

One or possibly both rookie corners to start (Burnett for Gay, Lewis possibly for Ike), Ward is likely out (another rookie, Wallace, getting the start), a 4-game losing stretch including the Chiefs and the Raiders, and we're still giving 10?

I mean, I know the Browns suck.  But we haven't played a good game since Denver.

Well, at least they'll be covering rookie receivers.... Of course, we just got torched by a rookie receiver, a qb named Gradkowski, and a shitty O-Line that lost two starters, for a game's worth of yards and points in 9 minutes of play.

So, not optimistic here.

On the other hand, there's the due theory. We're fucking due for a cornerback to intercept a pass, right? I mean, is this a record or something? Twelve games without a single CB interception? Just once a receiver has to just run the wrong route and you get a break, don't you?

Don't you?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: