Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 31, 2014 at 01:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 [17] 18 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 14 - Dec 10 @ Cleveland  (Read 8837 times)
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #160 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 22:24 »

Our next moves should be:

IR Polamalu
Fire Arians and Ligashits

Put in game plans that protect Ben and Mendenhall from any kind of injury to the extent that it's possible. Give Dixon some snaps each game.
Burton

« Reply #161 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 22:24 »

Well, we officially made a really good and legitimate statement today.  That statement is that we could honestly, regardless of record probably be considered the worst team in the NFL this year.  I know we have all this "talent" and a record that is around .500, but we in the second half of the season, we have lost to 3 of probably the bottom 5-7 teams in the league and with more efforts like this will likely go winless in the second half.  

Honestly, the best thing I think this team could do is to bench almost everyone here who isn't just logistically impossible to do so with, and see what we have depth wise.  Might as well treat the rest of the season like preseason, see if we have any real talent further down the depth chart or maybe on the PS and with the info you can get from that, prepare to do what you have to do in the offseason regarding cuts, fa pickups and draft plans.  

Anyway, it was fun watching the game and typing out frothy rage with you all, but I need to head to bed, you guys all have a good one for the rest of the night.  

P4P: 2:26AM. Drunk as hall. Blurd vission. Nobody to bithc to. Fuick!!

Shine on you crazy diamond, shine on.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #162 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 22:26 »

Unbelievable.  I mean really, it is just impossible to fathom.  

I'm not saying to blow games, but hell...just play the scrubs, find out if you have any gems, and get some top-notch draft picks.  

Someone better lose their friggin' job over this debacle.  That goes for players AND coaches.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Manimal

« Reply #163 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 22:27 »

Defensively, our starting middle linebacker is simply too slow.  And he's too expensive to cut or bench.

Our secondary can't make a damn play.

Offensively, our fucking prima donna, elite-wannabe, quarterback can't recognize a blitz and throw a timing pass.

Our O-line can't recognize the blitz we fatass beer drinking fools can see.

Our offensive coordinator blew the last 5 minutes of the game with a passive, weak-kneed, scared approach.

Did we not actually extend Farrior before this season?
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #164 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 22:28 »

Glad I bought beer today.  I think that I'll be needing it this weekend.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #165 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 22:30 »

I don't know what else there is to say. These guys deserve everything they get, including watching the playoffs from home.

Can't think about draft or needs right now. Especially when we all know that we would have gotten the help needed to get in if only these fuckers could beat a shitty team.

I don't think we can underestimate how integral to the D, and how fucking obscenely good Troy is. Same for A. Smith, to lesser degree.

Also, no words can describe how much of a fucking shit bag, fuckhead, no nothing, J.V. of an OC the Steelers have.
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2009 at 22:32 by steelerfaninCO » Logged
Manimal

« Reply #166 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 22:31 »

Serious question: Did the Steelers throw this game? You can't tell they were trying. At all.

Right now - this may be the worst Steeler team I've ever watched. Worst than the 1986 team. Worse than the 1999 team. Worse than 2003. None of those teams went belly-up against the worst team in the league, one with ZERO passing game.

Holy fucking shit. I cannot believe this. Seriously. This like the US being invaded by Mexico, successfully. What in the hellish hell is going on here!?
bamf16
Old School Member

« Reply #167 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 22:35 »

yeah, resigned Farrior in the offseason.  Great decision!

No one wants to hear about the labor pains, they just want to see the baby.
--Lou Brock
Manimal

« Reply #168 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 22:36 »

We also extended A. Smith, and, I think, Keisel, right?

Keisel, by the way, sucks complete ass.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #169 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 22:38 »

I just want to know what happened to this team's heart?  We used to just will ourselves to win these games, injuries be damned.

Even if we'd lost to the good teams on our schedule (what few of those there are), I could make some sense of this.

But Cleveland
Oakland
KC
crappy Chicago team
Cincy twice
mediocre Ravens

I remember posting in preseason that I couldn't see us losing more than 2, 3 games tops against this schedule.  Usually that blows up in your face when teams are better than you thought.  But they're not.  This schedule is as easy as we thought it was.  And we're 6-7.  Now 3-7 when Troy doesn't play the 4th quarter BTW.

This is worse than 2002 opening with high hopes after '01, then getting our asses handed to us in the first two games.  Was completely crushed after that.  This is so much worse.
Pages: 1 ... 16 [17] 18 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: