Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 17, 2014 at 22:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 [20]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 14 - Dec 10 @ Cleveland  (Read 8941 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #190 on: Dec 11, 2009 at 08:03 »

Went back and watched parts of the second half again because well, I can't sleep and I'm a masochist.

You're a sick sumbitch.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #191 on: Dec 11, 2009 at 08:08 »

But Lebeau hasn't had his group connected or corrected for weeks now.  And if it all goes through Polamalu, then Lebeau ain't that good.  Not that I believe that, but I also don't believe that all of the defenses' problems arise from Pola's absence.  But Lebeau does deserve some of the blame.  History aside, his group has sucked, surprisingly so.

I didn't wanna be the one to say it but there you go.  One player doesn't make that much of a difference.  Two players don't either.  If two players make/break a defense then you have a serious problem and I really do have to question LeBeau at this point.  Not grabbing a torch and running down the street yet (as for Arians) but the accountability has to start somewhere.

From this point until next preseason we'll see what Tomlin is made of b/c IMO the rebuilding better start sooner than later.  

If I'm Tomlin, I'm assuming that the entire coaching staff is gone and before the season is over, will see if any has coached his way back to employment, so to speak.  Some have no chance, so fire them now.  Why not?  Make a damn point!  

I agree that two players should not make this much of a difference. The Browns -- the team with the last-placed defense in the league -- were without five defensive starters last night.

There's simply no end to the points you can make for last night being the worst Steeler loss in history.

The defense has sucked all year, but last night, even with some of the sloppy effort, the D played well enough to win. You can't score 13 points against Cleveland? You deserve to lose. You deserve the shame. Somebody needs to commit ritual seppuku after what happened last night.

And why did the Browns' D play well, in spite of having, um, no talent? They had a good gameplan, they paid attention to fundamentals like professionals, and they played as a team. Exactly what we didn't do on offense and what we haven't done on defense all year.
« Last Edit: Dec 11, 2009 at 08:18 by Manimal » Logged
Brinker
Lennar Homes Consultant
Old School Member

Mr Jack

« Reply #192 on: Dec 11, 2009 at 08:09 »

I loved Cleveland celebrating like they just made the playoffs with that win...I am still so pissed.

"He'll just smile and be cordial out there. Then he'll kill you."
--Aaron Smith, Defensive Lineman, on Troy Polamulu
Manimal

« Reply #193 on: Dec 11, 2009 at 08:22 »

I loved Cleveland celebrating like they just made the playoffs with that win...I am still so pissed.

Me too. It just grows and grows. And the person I'm maddest at is Tomlin. I don't think I've ever had my opinion of a coach go south so suddenly. He can still win me back, but he has been, frankly, incompetent at preparing or motivating this team, or getting them to pay attention to fundamentals.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #194 on: Dec 11, 2009 at 08:32 »

From a figurative funeral to a literal funeral.  This is a splendid day. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
vcuram

« Reply #195 on: Dec 11, 2009 at 08:49 »

I woke up this morning disappointed that Arians hadn't been fired overnight.  I would have canned his ass after the game.

I refuse to support Tomlin until Arians is fired.

I've thrown a kettle over a pub before.  What the fuck have you ever done?
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #196 on: Dec 11, 2009 at 11:13 »

But Lebeau hasn't had his group connected or corrected for weeks now.  And if it all goes through Polamalu, then Lebeau ain't that good.  Not that I believe that, but I also don't believe that all of the defenses' problems arise from Pola's absence.  But Lebeau does deserve some of the blame.  History aside, his group has sucked, surprisingly so.

I didn't wanna be the one to say it but there you go.  One player doesn't make that much of a difference.  Two players don't either.  If two players make/break a defense then you have a serious problem and I really do have to question LeBeau at this point.  Not grabbing a torch and running down the street yet (as for Arians) but the accountability has to start somewhere.

From this point until next preseason we'll see what Tomlin is made of b/c IMO the rebuilding better start sooner than later. 

If I'm Tomlin, I'm assuming that the entire coaching staff is gone and before the season is over, will see if any has coached his way back to employment, so to speak.  Some have no chance, so fire them now.  Why not?  Make a damn point! 

So you're saying I should hold off on buying www.firedicklebeau.co m?Huh?

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #197 on: Dec 11, 2009 at 12:04 »

But Lebeau hasn't had his group connected or corrected for weeks now.  And if it all goes through Polamalu, then Lebeau ain't that good.  Not that I believe that, but I also don't believe that all of the defenses' problems arise from Pola's absence.  But Lebeau does deserve some of the blame.  History aside, his group has sucked, surprisingly so.

I didn't wanna be the one to say it but there you go.  One player doesn't make that much of a difference.  Two players don't either.  If two players make/break a defense then you have a serious problem and I really do have to question LeBeau at this point.  Not grabbing a torch and running down the street yet (as for Arians) but the accountability has to start somewhere.

If I'm Tomlin, I'm assuming that the entire coaching staff is gone and before the season is over, will see if any has coached his way back to employment, so to speak.  Some have no chance, so fire them now.  Why not?  Make a damn point! 

So you're saying I should hold off on buying www.firedicklebeau.co m?Huh?

I'm saying you may not have to.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #198 on: Dec 14, 2009 at 17:41 »

TheProReturns7777 pleasures himself to pics of Magina

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Pages: 1 ... 19 [20]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: