Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 19, 2014 at 03:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 12 - Nov 29 @ Baltimore  (Read 13553 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Apr 20, 2009 at 08:25 »

Week 12 -  Nov 29 @ Baltimore

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2009 at 09:40 »

Enough of this.  We've had our 24 hours of bitching, now go read:  http://maximumgrilledsteelers.com/index.php?page=83

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2009 at 20:29 »

I don't think it's overstating the point to say that this game is hugeness for both teams

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2009 at 12:06 »

For all the talk about me being an insensitive jerk of an a-hole for saying the Steelers weren't done in week 3 and apparently being proven wrong....which I still don't see, but read back about all the comments in regards to how we'd never catch Baltimore etc etc. I wasn't scared of those fradulent Ratbirds and their tough guy act then, and I am still not now. They're 5-5. They've got injuries on the D, they start Tyler Palko's longtime backup, and the Steelers have their number.

Let's rally around Dennis Dixon. Quit with the fancy formations and get back to Steeler power running football right up the a-hole on these a-holes and hit these studio gangsters right in the mouth like a fire hyrdant to Tiger Woods face.

F the Ravens. Let's go. Let's fuckin go.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2009 at 12:20 »

For all the talk about me being an insensitive jerk of an a-hole for saying the Steelers weren't done in week 3 and apparently being proven wrong....which I still don't see, but read back about all the comments in regards to how we'd never catch Baltimore etc etc. I wasn't scared of those fradulent Ratbirds and their tough guy act then, and I am still not now. They're 5-5. They've got injuries on the D, they start Tyler Palko's longtime backup, and the Steelers have their number.

Let's rally around Dennis Dixon. Quit with the fancy formations and get back to Steeler power running football right up the a-hole on these a-holes and hit these studio gangsters right in the mouth like a fire hyrdant to Tiger Woods face.

F the Ravens. Let's go. Let's fuckin go.

Yeah, what Y2 said.  Even if he is an asshole...

:rolleyes:

I'm still the one with the boobs.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Nov 29, 2009 at 12:57 »

So I tell my 7 year old that Ben is out.

"What about that Batch guy?"
I tell him he's out too.

"So who is the QB?"
I tell him.

"I need a Dennis Dixon jersey".

So with some permanent markers and a cheap t-shirt, he'll be sporting the arts & crafts DD 'jersey' tonight.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Nov 29, 2009 at 16:41 »

My priction:  Dess Dixon, 49 of 78 for 576 yards, 53 TD, no innerceptons, plus he runs for 199 yards and 2 TD.

And to anser your quesio, yes I am drunk aleady.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #7 on: Nov 29, 2009 at 16:58 »

One upside is that I'll be watching this game without the usual butterflies/nausea/inevitable intoxication. I mean, we're supposed to be blown out, right?

In a season that's been a huge disappointment, we're effin' due for something unexpectedly good.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Nov 29, 2009 at 18:01 »

One upside is that I'll be watching this game without the usual butterflies/nausea/inevitable intoxication. I mean, we're supposed to be blown out, right?

In a season that's been a huge disappointment, we're effin' due for something unexpectedly good.

Yeah, it will be kind of weird going into this game expecting to get destroyed.  I haven't had that feeling about this team since the Maddox era.  A good performance from Dixon and an unexpected victory would be gravy.  Though, if they keep the game close and blow it stupidly in the 4th quarter, I'll go right back to being pissed again.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
Manimal
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #9 on: Nov 29, 2009 at 18:15 »

Yeah, it will be kind of weird going into this game expecting to get destroyed.  I haven't had that feeling about this team since the Maddox era.  A good performance from Dixon and an unexpected victory would be gravy.  Though, if they keep the game close and blow it stupidly in the 4th quarter, I'll go right back to being pissed again.

That's what will trigger the usual nausea/bitterness/despair that is watching the Steelers for me: Dixon leading the team solidly but blowing the game because of the stupid bullshit that's been typical of this season.
Pages: [1] 2 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: