Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 20, 2014 at 06:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 11 - Nov 22 @ Kansas City  (Read 3582 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #30 on: Nov 22, 2009 at 15:38 »

Devastating loss. Especially if Ben is out with a probable concussion for a couple games.

Defense shat the bed in the 4th again. Couldn't get any pressure on Cassel late. Ike can't make the pick, imagine that, and the next play is the back breaker. Tough, tough loss.

At least Balty lost.

And Ben2hines4six, I'll call you a fair weather fan. Trash? 6-4  with good chance at a wildcard is neither trash or toast. Its still fucking November asshole, does '05 ring a bell? Bet you called that team "trash" after losing to Cincy. Go fuck yourself, and go root for the Browns.

Get fucking real.  We're not making the playoffs if we can't solve about about a dozen issues.  2005 was a magical ride, and anything is possible, but come on.  Come on.  Special teams are spotting 7 every game, we have no offensive consistency, the OL is up and down, our deep pass defense is nothing without Pola, and we can't muster an effective 4Q pass rush in critical situations (like, just for one fucking example, AGAINST THE MOTHERFUCKING CHIEFS, one of the worst fucking teams in the history of the NFL).

I'd like to reiterate that last part.  In 2005, we went on a little tear, after losing critical games to Indy and Cinci, who went to the playoffs.  We just lost THIS here shitfest against one of the WORST FUCKING TEAMS IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL.

Just repeat that until it sinks in, and you see that we don't need a few minor tweaks, we need some people to get their asses fired.  Ligashesky, you're up.  Arians, don't get too comfy.

Tomlin and the entire team is too complacent.  Good not to get too high or too low, but this is ANOTHER week we come out looking like we're in a post-Thanksgiving carb coma, from start to finish.  No urgency.  No fire.  No passion.  I'd like to see Tomlin channel some Cowher spit, just fucking ONCE.  

I said earlier when we were 1-2 that Tomlin was getting his first real test as HC.  Well, now he's got another.  And now the obstacle is bigger.  If some team of jelly doughnuts like the Houston fucking TEXANS gets in at WC over us, I will shit a bucket of blood and send it to them.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: Nov 22, 2009 at 15:39 »

That drive they gave up for the tie was sickening.  What's more sickening is why the eff with a 17-7 halftime lead do you come out and pass 26 times and run 10 times?  WTF?

Man, what a shitty game.

Should never have been in an 0-7 hole (ST).

10-point swing on the stupid Ben pick.

We're mailing teams wins.

The defense folded in the 4Q and OT.  That's not Steeler ball.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #32 on: Nov 22, 2009 at 15:42 »

Defense shat the bed in the 4th again. Couldn't get any pressure on Cassel late. Ike can't make the pick, imagine that, and the next play is the back breaker. Tough, tough loss.

Those are the things that bug me - in addition to the idiotic decision to throw the ball 26 time and run it only 10 times while holding a 10 pt lead!

Please, please, please Fire Bruce Arians.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #33 on: Nov 22, 2009 at 15:42 »

The Chiefs... seriously?

SERIOUSLY?

That's like losing to, I dunno, Notre Dame.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #34 on: Nov 22, 2009 at 15:43 »

I just laid a big stinky turd.  Not quite as big and stinky as the one our boys laid against the CHIEFS, but I feel a little better now.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #35 on: Nov 22, 2009 at 15:51 »

Next up?  @ friggin' Ravens!  Yeah, that's likely to be a cakewalk compared to the Fearsome Chefs of Arrowhead.   :rolleyes:

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #36 on: Nov 22, 2009 at 15:52 »

At least it's a prime time Sunday night game.  The Steelers always do better on the bigger stage, so there's a modicum of hope.

Guess I'd better start working on a blog post, haven't done anything there in a few weeks.  What an inspiring performance.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #37 on: Nov 22, 2009 at 15:55 »

So I get home from the bar and my son (7) asks who that guy was that came in for Ben when he got hurt.
"Is his name Bitch?"

They're all named Bitch today.

Looks like Dixon will most likely get to see some action next week.   :rolleyes:

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #38 on: Nov 22, 2009 at 16:12 »

Why can't we dominate shit teams (Lions, Browns, fucking CHIEFS)?

In all seriousness, we have to start hoping teams like the Dolphins, Jaguars, Ravens, et al. don't make up ground on us.

You know, teams that started the season 0-fer whatever.

We've over-rated our boys, until they show otherwise.  A nice game against the Broncos, and I thought things were looking up.  They've done well since then, too.

steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #39 on: Nov 22, 2009 at 16:13 »

Get fucking real.  We're not making the playoffs if we can't solve about about a dozen issues.  2005 was a magical ride, and anything is possible, but come on.  Come on.  
[/quote]

I know everyone, including myself, is pissy right now, but once the fog of anger and outrage clears the Steelers still have a good shot at the WC. I believe 10-6 might do it when you include the tiebreakers with Den and SD. Is going 4-2 really all that out of the question? I mean, I'm not saying they definitely will be a WC, especially if Ben and Kemo on top of Troy miss several games but I haven't lost hope that they will get their shit together against a favorable schedule. I know, I know the Chefs were  part of the favorable schedule, but it is only November, and this team has A LOT of talent. We'll see what they have left in the tank I guess.

I only brought up '05 regarding "fair weather fan" status, and wasn't trying to imply that something similar was imminent.

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: