Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 23:13 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 11 - Nov 22 @ Kansas City  (Read 3218 times)
bamf16
Old School Member

« Reply #40 on: Nov 22, 2009 at 16:19 »

Cowher's boring 2nd halfs look good right about now...

If that 10 rushes, 26 passes is true, with a 10 point lead, on the road...

then heads better roll!

No one wants to hear about the labor pains, they just want to see the baby.
--Lou Brock
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #41 on: Nov 22, 2009 at 17:14 »

@SF in CO:  Things will settle when we're all less pissy, but this will surely rank as one of the worst losses in the last 20 years. 

@Bam: Really.  Mendenhall was running well, caught a TD, and saved a TD going the other way.  So... let's phase in more FWP?  Not to mention that pitch play-call.  Ugh.  Do BA and MT have so little faith?!  Really?!?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #42 on: Nov 22, 2009 at 18:03 »

I didn't get to see much of the game, as I was navigating airports and only caught the game passing through and via updates on my BB.

I did see the last KC drive in OT.  Poor tackling on first down, DropMeIke.com on 2nd down and a complete breakdown on 3rd down.  Luckily my ride was waiting to pick me up a baggage claim and I didn't have to stick around to see the GW FG.

Somethings I see from the stat sheet...

Yet another return for a TD.  It's killer, either via STs or an INT/fumble return.  How many consecutive games has it been? 5 or 6?  Might as well spot the other team 7 points at the beginning of each game and save the embarrassment.

I did see the pitch to Moore.  It didn't make any sense to me but at that point, I think Roethlisberger was out and that means BA is in-charge.  Not a good thing for any of us.

The defense goes through Polamalu.  It's as simple as that.  Harrison may have been MVP but Troy makes it work as a whole.

How awful are our DBs (aside from TP) at catching a damn football? 

Other than that, I'll have to catch a repeat of the game via the 'net to comment further.

Sad stuff.  To lose to the Chiefs suggests the loss to the Bears was deserved and not an abberation

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #43 on: Nov 22, 2009 at 18:06 »

Cowher's boring 2nd halfs look good right about now...

Yep.  Say what you want about the Cowher style, but I'm pretty sure we've blown more double digit leads in 2 1/2 seasons than we did in the previous 15.

Not pining for the good ol' days, but this is a major weakness for Tomlin.  Got to close the deal, especially against the NFL dregs.

At 24-17, I was thinking this should be 31-10, easy.

3rd and 2 sweep with 3rd RB on the brink of FG range - worst playcall ever...EVER.

At least Reed figured out how to not look bad on TD returns - just get out of the picture entirely.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #44 on: Nov 22, 2009 at 18:14 »

Ligashesky, you're up.  Arians, don't get too comfy.

freakin Ligasssky should be fired mid-season.  Some equipment manager could do a better job or at least the same.  nice stat mid-game showing the steelers have given up returns 8 straight games.  8 fucking straight!   of course that includes pick sixes and fumble returns, but that is where BA pushes the shit in on steeler fans world wide.  

Nevermind getting RM into any type of groove, lets sub in FWP the second series.  lets pass the ball 75% of the time the 2nd half with a 10 point lead....Lets run a fucking SWEEP to the short side on third and 2 with 1 minute left in regulation.  come the fuck on, run it up the gut, you blind bastard, you were calling those fucking plays throughout when we did run, why stop now?  why was RM selected in the first place in the first round if he is going to be used sparingly?

Logan is shit, dont care how good he was on KR and PRs today.  has no tackling skills and basically runs like a doofus flailing his arms on coverage teams.

Gay is just so fucking gay.  talk about a weak link in the secondary.  

can anyone say downward spiral and missing the playoffs?  I can, with BA making excuses they have been playing poorly due to the road game to denver.  well...that is what douche bag Gannon said he said.

we lost to a coach who went into halftime with 3 TOs after making it to the 50 with 40 seconds left.  we were not outcoached, the PS staff was downright full of shit.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #45 on: Nov 22, 2009 at 18:15 »

What an un-Heath like performance from Miller today.  That 1st INT was all on him and he had a really stupid late hit penalty.  Hard to bitch about it when it's his damn near the only mistakes he's made in his career, but those were pretty big mistakes today.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #46 on: Nov 22, 2009 at 18:31 »

What an un-Heath like performance from Miller today.  That 1st INT was all on him and he had a really stupid late hit penalty.  Hard to bitch about it when it's his damn near the only mistakes he's made in his career, but those were pretty big mistakes today.

Heath was great/awful.  He and 86 are the sure things in the passing game, but the INT and the personal were just terrible.  He never does that shit.  Almost 100 yards receiving on the day + 1 TD, coupled with that?  Great/awful.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #47 on: Nov 22, 2009 at 18:55 »

Turnovers.

Turnovers.

Turnovers.

TURNOVERS!

(-2) turnover ratio plus another KO return for a TD.  This game's hard enough without shooting yourself in the foot like that...week after week.

I know it's the wrong approach to take, but I do take some solace in the fact that Pittsburgh isn't the only team that can't beat the teams they're supposed to beat today.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #48 on: Nov 22, 2009 at 20:54 »

The Saints and Vikes showed what good teams do when facing (supposedly) inferior opponents:  kick the shit outta them and then kick 'em some more.

Vikes beat Seattle 35-9 and the Saints beat Tampa  38-7.  That's what the Steelers game should have been.  Give the bastards their 7 pts off the opening KO.  That should have been their last points.  But nooooooooooooooooooo.  Let's get cute with the offense.  Hey, Bruce - this ain't about you trying to show how smart you are, how innovative you can be.  I have news for ya, bud:  your offense is shit.  Game after game it's the same effing thing.  There must be an art to taking so much talent and getting so little from them.  You are truly an arteest of the first order.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #49 on: Nov 22, 2009 at 22:53 »

I don't know what to make of this offense. I mean Ben threw for almost 400 yards today, and I feel like the Steelers win if Ben doesn't get knee'd in the head. They don't run a sweep on 3rd and 2 with Ben in the game, IMO. And looking at that play, it wasn't really the call that was bad, but more of an awful personnel choice. Heat gets his block on the DB on the edge, so its basically the RB vs the LB. 2 out 3 Steeler RB's get 3 yards on that play. Except they give the ball to the slowest RB, and as much as I love Moore, he couldn't out run the LB. Pretty fucked up from BA.

Foster didn't look awful replacing Kemo, but hopefully the big guy gets back in there. Not having Troy just blows. The guy is simply amazing and the defense plays so much better as a whole with him. At least Eason and Ziggy seem to be holding up the left side OK.

This team better wake the fuck up and start taking care of business again. Every team in the divsion lost. Glass half full- the standings remain the same. Glass half empty- blown opportunity to pick up a game on Balty/Cincy. Time for another 5 game win streak.

KTBFFH
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: