Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 24, 2014 at 18:40 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 11 - Nov 22 @ Kansas City  (Read 3799 times)
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #50 on: Nov 23, 2009 at 00:52 »

They don't run a sweep on 3rd and 2 with Ben in the game, IMO.

Maybe, maybe not.  But there was no reason not to trust Batch with a short throw.  He came in cold and threw a dart on 2nd and long to get what looked at the time like a huge first down.

Either you run it inside or you look for a quick hitting pass.  Even if neither of those work, odds are you don't lose yardage.  Then you can consider long FG for win or to go for it on 4th and 1 or 2.  But you can't call a play that runs sideways.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #51 on: Nov 23, 2009 at 08:57 »

My question on pitch out is this: Mendenhall is running hard all day, why not use him?

In fact, he's probably my player of the game: ran well, when given the chance; caught his first NFL TD; saved a TD going the other way.  This kid showed some hustle, and more than a few times gutted out 3, 4, 5 yards when it looked like he was stopped in the backfield or for minimal gain.

And so, predictably, Arians barely uses him.  What a fucking asshole that guy is.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #52 on: Nov 23, 2009 at 09:18 »

A pitch out with a slow(er) RB when it's 3rd and 2 seems destined for failure IMO.

Run it up the gut, get at least one and put the team in a better position to go for it on 4th down.  Mendy keeps his feet moving, making me believe he would have at least made it 4th and inches.

Looks like Kemo is out for a while...how'd Foster look?  I heard "OK" but wonder how Kemo being out will affect the running game.  Kemo's actually a pretty good run blocker.

The OL in pass pro seems to have gone down hill the past two weeks.  I know a lot of sacks are on Ben but from what I saw against Cinci and the clips I've seen from yesterday, pass pro isn't as good as it was earlier in the season.

8 consecutive games with a return TD.  THAT is embarrassing.  STs is horrendous.  It's been an issue for much of the past decade, but I thought STs was turned around last year.  Ant Madison can't mean THAT much, can he?

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #53 on: Nov 23, 2009 at 17:07 »

Or, if Batch is really hurt and can't throw, go for something different.  Bring Dixon in for a Wildcat type play.  I don't know if we've run that all year - would totally cross up the defense.  Surely we've got a couple of those in reserve.  If not, call timeout and draw one up.  Anything but what they called.

Still first option would be a dive with Mendenhall, but if we're determined to not call the best play, why the hell not?
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: