Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 27, 2014 at 19:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 10 - Nov 15 - Cincinnati  (Read 2802 times)
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Nov 15, 2009 at 15:05 »

Someone please shoot me and put me out of my misery.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
bamf16
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Nov 15, 2009 at 15:09 »

Ben has been sacked 4 times already. Got to fix that. Maybe the no huddle? That would make too much sense to BA though.

Defense hasn't allowed any points yet. They have to keep getting after Palmer, and stuffing the run.

And 'fer fucks sake please cover the KO's.... and punts for that matter.

9-6 at half. 30 min to get to the top of the division, or fall into the thick of the WC race. Time to come out and win the fucking game. No way the Bengals sweep. Let's Go!

So last week in Denver, when they were doing to our offense what the Bengals did today, we made the switch to a no huddle and blew them out in the second half.

Today, we try the same old shit, time after time, and get nowhere.

The Bengals are a damn good team, and I don't feel as bad about this loss as the first one, but what is infuriating is that we have an option that just worked 6 days ago, and we never even gave it a shot.

No one wants to hear about the labor pains, they just want to see the baby.
--Lou Brock
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Nov 15, 2009 at 15:27 »

The offense hasn't looked that inept since the Philly game last year.  After the progress this O-line has made throughout this season, it's pretty disappointing to see them shit the bed in the biggest game of the season.  Some of those early sacks were on Ben (and Arians for calling 7 step drops every f'ing pass play) but in the 2nd half, they were getting bitchslapped. 

Defense with Troy = You fuckers ain't going anywhere
Defense without Troy = The phrase "bend but don't break" isn't quite strong enough.

The D didn't look horrible by any means, it was just those long drives and allowing so many 3rd down conversions that killed them.  One of the worst angles I've ever seen taken by a defender by Woodley in that 3rd quarter.  The play was dead in the water and he had a major brain fart. 

I'm hoping Troy just tweaked his knee and they were taking precautions, didn't seem like he could have done any serious damage to it.

I said it after the Vikings game and I'll say it again today, it's time to try Robopunter on kickoffs.  I know kickers aren't paid to tackle anybody, but Jeff Reed is just embarrassing.  Good to see Tomlin try Wallace back there on kickoffs, I called for that last week as well.  After watching Logan, I'm starting to wonder if they have a touchback rule in the CFL.

Just a terrible game.  We'll see how the Bungles do with them being a front-runner now.  They don't have the "no respect" card to motivate them anymore.  Oh, and 2 catches for 20-something yards?  What was all that talk about a paper bag and a phone booth?  Has that tool EVER had a good game against the Steelers?

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Nov 15, 2009 at 17:45 »

Some observations...

Matt Spaeth is a horrible blocker.  Maybe Tomlin still holds on to game tape from Spaeth's first few games as a rookie, cause he doesn't seem  to add much as a receiver any more.

Our D front 7 were overwhelmed and badly beaten by Cinc's front five.  They were pushed back 3 yards on most plays.

Our OL took a step back.  They were beaten by a no-name DL all day long.

Ben didn't help.  He overthrew receivers often.

Bruce Arians' game plan was horrible.  And it stayed the same horrible for 60 minutes.

Logan doesn't add much to the return game.  He takes it out of the EZ when he shouldn't (and is tackled before the 20 yard line) and calls for a fair catch at the 50 yard-line on a punt from the EZ. 

STs still sucks.  Cut Ratliff or place Keenan Lewis on the IR and sign Anthony Madison.  Despite all of the crap on O and D, STs was the difference in this game.

Reed is clutch at Heinz but the guy puts the team in a potential for disaster with just about every kickoff.

Stupid penalty by James Harrison.

William Gay has dropped more INTs in the last two games than Ike has all season.

AFCN is out of reach.  Playing for the wildcard.  Cinci coasts with its remaining schedule.  Tomlin should rest Troy next week against KC.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #14 on: Nov 15, 2009 at 17:49 »

That was bad.  Guess we gotta give the Bungholes some credit, but I just don't quite feel like it yet.  Ben had some awful throws and the offense was out of synch all day.  The defense was darn good IMO.  You gotta give 'em something to play with though.  

18-12 huh.  Wow.

It's not easy to be optimistic after a performance like that and one wonders what the two Balty games hold in store, still, after the 1-2 start I'm thinking that 6-3 looks pretty good right now.  The division is nearly unattainable but the WC is wide open.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #15 on: Nov 15, 2009 at 17:53 »

STs still sucks.  Cut Ratliff or place Keenan Lewis on the IR and sign Anthony Madison.  Despite all of the crap on O and D, STs was the difference in this game.

Reed is clutch at Heinz but the guy puts the team in a potential for disaster with just about every kickoff.

Agreed.  Something has to be done about the STs before it's too late.

Stupid penalty by James Harrison.

Simply asinine.

AFCN is out of reach.  Playing for the wildcard.  Cinci coasts with its remaining schedule.  Tomlin should rest Troy next week against KC.

Agreed.  Unless the Bungles stumble along the way.  It's certainly no longer the Steelers' decision.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #16 on: Nov 15, 2009 at 17:57 »

You know, this is the type of game that will give Tomlin something to bitch about and the players will feel even more compelled to listen.  It can serve as a rallying point for the final 7-game stretch run.

It's an opportunity to refocus and perhaps address some contingencies with the roster.

Um ....

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Nov 15, 2009 at 18:42 »

You know, this is the type of game that will give Tomlin something to bitch about and the players will feel even more compelled to listen.  It can serve as a rallying point for the final 7-game stretch run.

It's an opportunity to refocus and perhaps address some contingencies with the roster.

Um ....

That's about the only positive spin I can find to this...

I'm still the one with the boobs.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Nov 15, 2009 at 19:10 »

After watching Logan, I'm starting to wonder if they have a touchback rule in the CFL.

You can take a knee in the EZ in the CFL, but it gives the kicking team a single point.

What's with the Kordell underthrown long balls by BR? If you're sending #17 make it an overthrow or a completion.

All those long passes were just wastes. Between the sacks and batted passes, we couldn't afford to just serve up a deep tater and hope for the best.

Nice effort by Jeffy on the KO return. Just fall down and at least make the guy hurdle your fat, drunken ass.

You've got Reed and Logan trying to defend the return. That's 11 on 9 every time.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #19 on: Nov 15, 2009 at 19:48 »

After watching Logan, I'm starting to wonder if they have a touchback rule in the CFL.

You can take a knee in the EZ in the CFL, but it gives the kicking team a single point.

What's with the Kordell underthrown long balls by BR? If you're sending #17 make it an overthrow or a completion.

All those long passes were just wastes. Between the sacks and batted passes, we couldn't afford to just serve up a deep tater and hope for the best.

Nice effort by Jeffy on the KO return. Just fall down and at least make the guy hurdle your fat, drunken ass.

You've got Reed and Logan trying to defend the return. That's 11 on 9 every time.

Yeah, the Logan experiment appears to be a bust.  He'd have to break off a couple for TDs to make mne even think it's been a worthwhile move.  And arrows are pointing to Reed getting run out of town on a rail.  WTF?  At least be a speed bump, mofo.  Even Keith Olberman was making fun of him in the highlights.

Reed has had a good run but his KOs and performances away from Heinz tip the scale to liability.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: