Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 31, 2014 at 18:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 09 - Nov 9 @ Denver  (Read 6388 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #80 on: Nov 10, 2009 at 09:02 »

*Arians called a pretty decent 2H.  First half wasn't as pretty, but if you're going to dominate a half...
*Hines over Bailey.  Fucking hilarious.  

I heard Ben say after the game that they ran no-huddle for the second half.  Best call Arians made all night.  The O was completely out of synch in the 1st H.  They'd get Mendy going and then attempt to throw into the teeth of the defense, which was coverage.  That's why Mendy could run.  That's why they should have rode him early and often.  But that wasn't part of the Arians script I suppose.  Utter BS.

Hines was LOL when he hurdled Bailey and pounced into the ez.  Greatness.  That 1st TD grab was sweet, too.  Ben tossed a laser and it looked like Hines had to catch the back half of the ball.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #81 on: Nov 10, 2009 at 09:03 »

How sweet was it to see Mitch Berger punting to the Steelers?  There was a 25 yarder in there, hahaha.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #82 on: Nov 10, 2009 at 09:07 »

I drank at least half of a fifth of vodka while tailgating, and I lost count of how many brats I ate.  Prolly 3 or 4.  YIKES.

Wait, so how many kids you have left now?

Exactly.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #83 on: Nov 10, 2009 at 09:10 »

There is a picture of Kiesel on one of the PG articles,  Those are the same gloves he gave to the kids.

When the Steelers came out for the game, I saw Sweed in uniform, and couldn't believe it.  The only pass I saw Ben throw to him looked like a pretty poor one. 

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #84 on: Nov 10, 2009 at 09:17 »

My boss emailed me (BV working from home today) and said she saw a banner to the left of the goal post in the 3rd qtr.  That was BV and family.  Can't wait to check it out on TV

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #85 on: Nov 10, 2009 at 09:27 »

When the Steelers came out for the game, I saw Sweed in uniform, and couldn't believe it.  The only pass I saw Ben throw to him looked like a pretty poor one. 

It's true, but it's also true that Wallace is making those catches.  Don't know what Sweed's future holds, but after his rookie contract it's probably not in Pittsburgh.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #86 on: Nov 10, 2009 at 09:27 »

Then, that crazy Reed came over and gave them his wristbands. Each one of my girls got a wristband.  

And each of the wristbands contained at least half a fifth of vodka.

The glove is a little small, but I can probably tough it out and wear it on game days!!!!!!!!

110%.

Seriously though, I'm very jealous. The game I went to last year was the highlight of 2008.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #87 on: Nov 10, 2009 at 09:46 »

It's true, but it's also true that Wallace is making those catches.  Don't know what Sweed's future holds, but after his rookie contract it's probably not in Pittsburgh.

I'm still not ready to count him out, but then again I'm still holding out hope that Willie Reid will pan out for us.

Yeah, one of many reasons Wallace is impressing is that even when he has to make some big adjustments, he seems to do it pretty easily: going to the ground on low throws, e.g.

I mean, check out our receiving stats to date:

Holmes: 36-590 (16.4), 1 TD
Ward: 49-464 (13.2), 4 TD
Wallace: 25-437 (17.5), 3 TD
Miller: 43-371 (8.6), 4TD

That's a nice group right there.  Wallace is creeping up on what I though his end of year totals might be.

He also has 4 runs for 43 yards, which is almost exactly half of Mewelde Moore's rushing total so far.  Of course, I think we under-use Moore, but that's another story.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #88 on: Nov 10, 2009 at 10:08 »

Wallace is very mature for the Big Show.  Seems to read defenses well and makes adjustments (on the TD, he says it was suppossed to be a curl but he saw the DBs pulling towards Ward so he cut towards the EZ...BANG....TD)

The only thing that I can say negatively about him is....where was he trying to set up on that end-around or reverse?  I think it was in the second half.  I was glad we didn't get an illegal motion penalty.  It telegraphed the play.

I hate when Sweed is on the field.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #89 on: Nov 10, 2009 at 10:39 »

I did think it was interesting that Sweed dressed, though.  Are the coaches seeing some improvement, at least?  Or is McDonald a dud?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: 1 ... 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: