Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 25, 2014 at 18:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 09 - Nov 9 @ Denver  (Read 5899 times)
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #90 on: Nov 10, 2009 at 10:53 »

Then, that crazy Reed came over and gave them his wristbands. Each one of my girls got a wristband.  

And each of the wristbands contained at least half a fifth of vodka.

The glove is a little small, but I can probably tough it out and wear it on game days!!!!!!!!

110%.

Seriously though, I'm very jealous. The game I went to last year was the highlight of 2008.

Ditto - the game experience has pretty much made my season.  Being able to yell at the Steeler players like a school girl and some player interaction is a huge huge bonus.

I'm jealous of the MGS contingency that can go to Steeler home games any time.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #91 on: Nov 10, 2009 at 11:10 »

I'm jealous of the MGS contingency that can go to Steeler home games any time.

I hope to hit Heinz someday, but it is kinda fun to go to the road games. Sometimes gets a little chippy in the stands, but I always enjoy the locals crying about how many Steelers fans have shown up in their city.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #92 on: Nov 10, 2009 at 11:19 »

Last night walking back to the car with the mass of humanity, some guy behind me was crying about how many Steeler fans were there.

It was awesome.  There was a rise in the crowd when the Steelers made big plays too. 

One dude being fairly obnoxious sitting across the isle, started being kind of funny when the Steelers locked it up.  He was yelling that the Pirates still suck. 

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #93 on: Nov 10, 2009 at 11:34 »

He was yelling that the Pirates still suck. 

Same thing at Soldier. Stupid bastards.

I think I'll go to a Cowboys game and bring my You Killed JFK sign.  :rolleyes:
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #94 on: Nov 10, 2009 at 14:18 »

That's some funny shit, Otis.

Speaking of away attendances, my sis has a friend that has 4 seats at the Baltimore game. Friend is a Shitbird fan though, and isn't thrilled to sell to us. So, it may or may not happen. Might be better if he doesn't -- I'm really afraid of getting my drunk, loud, obnoxious ass stabbed whilst we jam the ball down those pansies' throats.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #95 on: Nov 10, 2009 at 14:49 »

I'm really afraid of getting my drunk, loud, obnoxious ass stabbed whilst we jam the ball down those pansies' throats.

Are you Preacherman's brother-in-law?

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #96 on: Nov 10, 2009 at 22:23 »

The only play I saw Sweed involved in was a pass that Ben through behind him, didn't see the play where he "shit the bed" but I have been an admitted Sweed apologist.  He looked kind of lost while he was filling in for a gassed Wallace, but that's the first time he's seen action in what, 5 games?  Hard to find the flow of the game when you are never in there. 

I thought Logan was going to be a great kick returner after watching him in the preseason, but he hasn't shown me anything at all to this point.  When the ball is 5 yards deep in the end zone just down it, little buddy.  I really would like to see Wallace get some KR/PR duties.  The more that dude has the ball in his hands the better. 

I agree with Finny on Reed's kickoffs.  Between the painfully short kickoffs and his terrible tackling, why not try Robopunter as the kickoff man?  Granted, he may not have the leg for it, but having an extra tackler back there sure would be a nice safety valve.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #97 on: Nov 11, 2009 at 06:39 »

The only play I saw Sweed involved in was a pass that Ben through behind him, didn't see the play where he "shit the bed" but I have been an admitted Sweed apologist.  He looked kind of lost while he was filling in for a gassed Wallace, but that's the first time he's seen action in what, 5 games?  Hard to find the flow of the game when you are never in there. 

I saw a special teams play where he took a bad penalty and thought, man even when he gets in on special teams he screws something up.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #98 on: Nov 14, 2009 at 12:58 »

\09_DEN_Fan11.jpg

Hopefully this link works after I post it.

BV on the far left with the scarf.  My daughter holding the terrible towel in front, and my other daughter as Fast Willie Parker right next to her.

This was after the game near the Steelers tunnel.  It is from Steelers.com website.

EDIT:  Doesn't work as a link.  In the middle of Steelers.com home page click on photos.  It is near the end of the pics from Steelers/Bronco's.  It figures - I have a stupid look on my face too - lol.
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2009 at 13:05 by Big Virgil » Logged

kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #99 on: Nov 18, 2009 at 10:28 »

\09_DEN_Fan11.jpg

Hopefully this link works after I post it.

BV on the far left with the scarf.  My daughter holding the terrible towel in front, and my other daughter as Fast Willie Parker right next to her.

This was after the game near the Steelers tunnel.  It is from Steelers.com website.

EDIT:  Doesn't work as a link.  In the middle of Steelers.com home page click on photos.  It is near the end of the pics from Steelers/Bronco's.  It figures - I have a stupid look on my face too - lol.

This one?

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

Pages: 1 ... 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: